Black Jack Just Ate About 10 Rib Tip Bones

I had them on the back of the stove and my phone rang, I had to go outside because my reception is bad inside my house, anyhoo.. I walked in to him sneaking off with a bone and when I looked up at my plate about 10 bones were missing. grrrr1.gif

Any advice??

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest taylorsmom

I hope they were raw bones!! If so, it will probably be just fine. All should process through and you will have nice firm poops for several days (I am a raw feeder and I often feed them racks of ribs!!)

They were the bones from the rib tips (Famous Dave's) that I had for dinner. I had them sitting in the container on the back of the stove so I could throw them out in the trash bin outside instead of my garbage can in the kitchen so he wouldn't get ahold of them. I forgot all about them until I came back inside from my phone call.

I don't have any bread

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

BJ that reminded me of my Westie. We were eating Buffalo wings when my youngest DS dropped a half eaten one on the floor. Monte inhaled it without even chewing. How didi I know he didn't chew you ask? Well, he pooped it out the next day. :lol:

How big were the bones? Did he crunch them up or swallow them whole? At the first sign of discomfort, go to the vet. Better be safe than sorry.

before greyhounds I had a yorkie and a cat that conspired to open the cabinet door and get KFC wing bones out of the trash and they lived to tell the tale. Can you scoot to the QT and get bread in some form?...maybe play let's make a deal for a couple of hot dog buns?

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I am not familiar with the restaurant you spoke about, but sometimes rib bones are cooked so much that they are actually pretty soft so it MAY be ok, but I would probably go get some bread and/or call the vet just in case. :grouphug

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

I didn't see him eat them because I was outside. They are mostly fatty and pretty bendy.

From the website:

Rib Tips

Over a pound of the tips, grilled and slathered in Rich & Sassy BBQ sauce and chopped into tender, bite-size pieces.

More info: A Rip Tip comes from the Whole Spare Rib; it is what remains after you cut a St. Louis Style Rib. They part of the Breastbone, some Cartilage, and a layer of fat running through the Tip.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am guessing that they are similar to the riblets they serve at Applebees? If so they are small pieces of bone with some cartiledge. I'd probably go get some bread jst to be on the safe side if it were me, and keep an eye on the little stinker...

He did fine this morning, 2 normal poops before I left for work. He was still drinking a lot of water (which I figured since they were kind of salty) so I think he's gonna be O.K. :)

Guest SillyDog
They were the bones from the rib tips (Famous Dave's) that I had for dinner. I had them sitting in the container on the back of the stove so I could throw them out in the trash bin outside instead of my garbage can in the kitchen so he wouldn't get ahold of them. I forgot all about them until I came back inside from my phone call.

I don't have any bread

Ok, he's a bad dog, but who can blame him for pigging out when it's Famous Dave's?

Hope he's better!

I don't have any bread

This made me laugh because it sounds exactly like my house. I never have eggs either.....

Hope that Black Jack is still feeling OK!

DynamoandElenasignature.jpg

Tamara with Aragorn the crazy cat, Fawkes the OTTB, and always missing Elena (Rapido Elena - Rapido Ebony x Quiet Traveler 9/11/02-11/14/12) and Dynamo (Dotties Dynamo - Gable Dodge x Geez Darla 3/27/2001-7/21/2012). I hope doggie heaven is paved with peanut butter and the bunnies are slow. Run free and happy.

:lol I barely have anything in my house, I never eat at home anymore :lol :lol

Well Black Jack survived :confetti He's laying next to me right now giving me the eyes to get off the computer and come give him scritches :wub:

He pooped when I got home from work and it was a normal poop so I guess the bones were small enough that they didn't do any damage. Good thing is I've been home for 3 hours and no sign of gas :pepper

Guest nerak254
BJ that reminded me of my Westie. We were eating Buffalo wings when my youngest DS dropped a half eaten one on the floor. Monte inhaled it without even chewing. How didi I know he didn't chew you ask? Well, he pooped it out the next day. :lol:

How big were the bones? Did he crunch them up or swallow them whole? At the first sign of discomfort, go to the vet. Better be safe than sorry.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :haha:hehe:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl Where else could poop talk be so funny?

Guest EMcElfresh

Out of curiousity, what does the bread do? I haven't had a "cooked bone" incident at my house - and this bread cure is the first I've heard...is it supposed to glom onto the ends of sharp splinters so they don't do the hokey-pokey on your pup's tummy?