Introducing Elton

Guest shanesmom

Guest shanesmom

We were devasted when we recently lost our greyhound Shane but knew we would adopt again. Our family just wasn't complete without a greyhound. We met Elton this weekend and just knew it was meant to be. He had just been returned to the kennel after 4 years in a home and we knew it had to be hard for him to lose the only family he ever knew. We decided to bring him home with us and now we are helping each other heal. He's a BIG lovable boy who has fit in perfectly. He's 6 years old and his last vet visit less than a year ago recorded him at 98.7 lbs. He's a really BIG boy.

Now for the pics, since I know the rules.

Elton

IMG_0613X.jpg

Elton resting on a beautiful day.

IMG_0615X.jpg

Elton and his new best friend, my brother's Boxer, Ruckus.

IMG_0624X.jpg

Resting in his new forever home.

IMG_0635.jpg

Guest Tenderhearts

Congratuations! What a stunning boy he is, and I know Shane is smiling down on you. :nod

Can't wait to see more pictures! :digicam :digicam

Guest PhillyPups

:wub: WELCOME TO YOUR FOREVER HOME ELTON :wub:

He is one very handsome hound, and bless you for taking a bounce, it is so hard on them when they have done nothing wrong. :kiss2

Congratulations to you and Elton!!!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What a gorgeous boy! Congratulations!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest shanesmom
Ingrid,

He's adorable. Does he have Molotov in him?

No, he doesn't have Molotov in him. He does have HB's Commander. His racing name was Ms's Hyway Man. I don't know where Elton came from but he sure knows his name. Perhaps his former family named him that. He runs top speed toward anyone who calls his name always looking for affection.

What a gorgeous, and lucky, boy he is.

Congratulations :confetti

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting