Another Newbie

Guest Moebaaviva

Guest Moebaaviva

Hi everyone! New to the forum, and relatively new to greyhound parenting. I'm 27 and I spent most of my life up 'til now wanting to get a dog, but I always lived in apartments where dogs weren't allowed. So I bet ya'll can guess what the first thing my husband and I did after we bought our house last year was. We adopted our pretty girl, Bella, six months ago. She's 3 years old and an absolute joy (even when stealing my socks and underwear). We love her so much, just the other day I talked my hubby into considering adopting a second greyhound. :colgate He agreed to go back and talk to our local GPA chapter next January, after we've bought a bigger vehicle, and see if we can find an older dog who'd be compatible with our laid-back Bella. Now I can hardly wait for 2008!

bellaflop2.jpgbellaball.jpgbellamud.jpg

Bella was re-homed with us from a family that had a lot of children. We think she misses them, she loves my neice and nephew so much! They love her too, but one thing we've learned about letting kids play with her is to explain beforehand that her kinked tail doesn't hurt her and NOT to try straightening it out! :P

savannahbella.jpgb23.jpg

I'm so pleased I found this website and can now prove to my hubby that I'm not the only one who is crazy-addicted to this breed!

welcome from southern california.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

What a beautiful girl.

:welcome2

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hi and welcome from Miami. She is so pretty and that tail rocks!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Welcome! She's a beauty!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Moebaaviva

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody! Guesses were correct- that is my 5 year old niece in the photo. She and Bella have several things in common, not the least of which is that playing in the sun tires them both out quickly. ;)

bellasavannah.jpg