Protein Losing Nephropathy

Guest hollypriestley

Guest hollypriestley

We have a 5-yo pup with PLN - lost his real mom to it in October 2006 and now he has the same problem. Internalist says I am doing a good job of keeping him stable - blood work and urine (other than very high levels of protein) are good, UPCR is 3.7. I am using Canidae Platinum and home cooked meat/veggies. he is on three blood pressure meds and Epakitin. Just wondered what food others were feeding.

Thanks (yes, I am on all the kidney lists)

Holly

Guest ss556

Alan has PLN and high blood pressure. He's had Holistique Blendz and I add in boiled chicken. Then I switched him to Eagle Pack Holistic. My vet and the Internist both said that I didn't have to change his food to a KD diet if I didn't want to. His urine test came out ok, still protein but not terrible. Tomorrow he goes for blood work, so we'll see. Good luck.

Guest hollypriestley

Thank you all for the responses -- any suggestions would be greytly appreciated -- I can't respond personally because I don't have enough posts - my old account was removed. I am really only active in the summer as in the winter, when school is in session, I am up at 3:50 a.m. and in bed by 7:30/8:00 p.m. and just have too much to do to check all the strains.

Rufus was on Hi-Tor Neo but after Triumph dog food had a recall I just moved him (and all the dogs) to Canidae Platinum for the crunchies. Rufus gets home cooked meat, veggies and broth and don't tell my vet, but some raw meat and bones, also. He is on Norvasc, Spironolactone and enalapril - up to the upper limits of the drugs. BP is 150-160 and UPCR up to 3.7.

I've had this baby since he was 3.5 months old - he was badly hurt as a pup. He had his front left paw bitten off by the brood mom in the next kennel, then was either kicked or thrown and had a broken right pelvis and a broken left femur across the growth plate with osteomyelitis. I just have to keep him with me -- he is now just under 100#. Thanks again

Holly