Big Ol' Leo

montgomery2524

Right before Mountain Hounds our big boy Leo got sick. He went downhill fast and we had to make the decision to let him go. Leo was returned to the group at the age of 12. His teeth were bad and the owner said he was incontinent. Well the poor guy had a really bad UTI and he lost seven teeth in his dental. We kept him as a foster but quickly "failed fostering". We only had Leo for nine months. He was our first non-brindle greyhound. A big beautiful black boy with a lovely grey face. Within the last month he had just started coming up and nudging me for hugs and kisses. I was telling one of the dogs to sit and I turned around to see Leo sitting and giving me a "well, where's my treat look." He loved to shake with both paws and would even do a down. Such a smart young man!

While we were in Gatlinburg we picked up a piece of pottery we had made for Miles ashes. And we ordered another piece for Leo. I picked his ashes up this week and the reality has hit. Our big ol boy is gone but he will be in our hearts always. We love the seniors and we never know how long we will have with them. The love they give us is worth the pain we feel when they leave us.

Run free Leo! Thank you for being a part of our family!

Leo2.jpg

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

what a beautiful tribute. It sounds like you were both lucky, Leo for finding you and you guys so ready to meet his every desire. Leo looks like just like my Scooter, who is 11. Run free and fast sweet Leo. May your memories be kept alive forever. I am so sorry. It's true to be loved by a senior is unbelievable!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest Carla

Oh Lynda,

I am so sorry for your loss. Leo is smiling down upon you thanking you for everything you did for him.

Godspeed Leo - run free.

:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red

Hugs,

Carla

Ah, Leo, I wished you could have stayed longer in your real home. Godspeed big guy. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What a lovely boy... :cry1 I'm sorry it was time for him to leave. You were blessed to share your home and heart with such a gentleman. He will live on in your heart and memory. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry. Run free sweetheart...run to all of our Angels at the Bridge...they will show you the way. :grouphug:f_redf_yellow:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry for the loss of your handsome Leo. No matter how long they stay, they never stay long enoug. Though the time he spent with you was short, he knew he was well loved.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug I'm so sorry for your loss.

Run free, sweet Leo................

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound