Introducing My Beautiful Sunny

Hello everyone

I just wanted to introduce my lovely boy Sunny. He's 2 years and 5 months old and I've had him for 4 months. I asked for a big boy who is good with cats and he certainly is both. He's almost 30 inches tall and weighs 40 kilos, which I think is about 90 pounds. And he's been completely indifferent to our 18 year old cat since day one. His racing name was Come on Flo, but he never actually raced. He's got a happy, very good-natured disposition and is quite lively and playful which is great fun. He's also very cuddly and will come up to you and collapse against you when he wants a cuddle!

He's the third greyhound I've owned over the last 12 years, having lost my previous 2 last year. Needless to say, I am a total greyhound addict! It certainly helps a lot having owned greyhounds before as now I don't panic when little teething problems arise, as I know they will pass. We go to training classes once a week and he's so good with all the other dogs. He's the first greyhound I've had that sits naturally.

We live in Hertfordshire, England, by the way.

Anyway, I know how much you all like pictures, so here he is (hopefully, if I've done this right!):

P4110092.jpg

P5220050.jpg

Here he is in our garden, having a bit of a bad tail day

P4150047.jpg

And in his new paddling pool (took a bit of persuading to get him in the first time)

P4150034.jpg

As you can see he's made himself at home

P5290013.jpg

He's very bendy and can curl up really small

P5120082.jpg

But hasn't quite worked out how to fit his whole body on the bed yet

P5290007.jpg

Poor Sunny had a small op on Wednesday to remove a growth on his neck, but I'm going to post separately in Health and Medical about this.

I'm looking forward to being part of such a knowledgeable and caring forum.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

:welcome2

Welcome from Southern California. Your boy is gorgeous!! And BIG! Love the pictures, especially the last two. :wub::wub:

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest dmona

Welcome from the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. Your Sunny boy is well 'um "sunny." He is beautiful. We are in the process of moving back to our home state of S.C. and my plan is to buy a house big enough for a couple of more hounds.(we have two now) We want a white one for sure maybe one who looks like Sunny.

Hope you enjoy Greytalk as much as I do. It is part of my daily routine.

What a lovely boy. He does look happy. Looking forward tomore pictures of him.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

What a handsome and fun boy you have.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.