Update On Snickers

Rather than resurrecting the old thread, I thought I'd start a new one to update what's been happening with Snickers. After serious massages of her neck and back on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, she seems to be much more comfortable. Once in a while she'll yelp if you go to pat her or just randomly, but thank doG it's much better. She went for a walk at her favorite place several times this week and saw another greyhound friend Roxy too, which helped her spirits. I took her completely off the Tramadol since she was still yelping on that.

Now she's very snuggly and will stand next to me wanting endless snugglings. She's so sweet. I've also seen a little hint of her kooky whirly tail and she snockled (Snicker kissed) me all over the face when I got her leash out for a walk today. Her littermate Cricket has been incredibly empathetic to her and is constantly at her side.

It's so heartening to see some of her personality return. Phew. I was really feeling very upset because I couldn't help her and she seemed so miserable. I know we've got more bumps on this road, but I think we made it through the first major one.

She went to our local vet this morning to have her blood drawn to check WBC count and liver values since it's 10 days since the chemo. Everyone there was happy to see her doing so well. I hope everything is good news.

I love my Snickles. :wub:

Edited to add: Thank you Gters for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. It means a lot. :)

Edited by Aerosmom
Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest luluaz

You don't know how happy that makes me for you guys :yay

Continued prayers for sweetie girl Snickers and her mommy :colgate

Lisa

way to go Snickers. keep feeling better and giving snicker kisses! :colgate

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Glad to hear she is returning to her old self again. It's the worst when you feel powerless to help. :grouphug

Stay strong Snickers, keep fighting.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm so glad that she's doing better, and seeeming more like her old self. I know I said the recovery process would probably get worse before it got better, but saying that is one thing, listening to your sweet girl screaming in pain while you're feeling so hopeless, is another thing. But you're right, I think she's turned a corner. And you have loved her and helped her at every step. You're both doing a great job. And you're still in our prayers!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown