Sequoia's First Gotcha Day

Guest PNWtrillium

Guest PNWtrillium

This is a hard one to write. I've been putting it off 'cause it's so painful.

I adopted Sequoia last June and she died December 8th, three weeks after her 6th birthday. We had an amazing six months together. I met her breeders, who were very happy to see her again. We camped out, visited the coast, met a whole bunch of cool greys and their people, became active in GH adoptions, and much more. She impressed everyone with her beauty and personality.

She was my first Greyhound and I loved her (and love her) dearly. I still miss her deeply at times. I'm crying as I write this.

Please keep her -- and me -- in your thoughts this week. Thank you.

~ Marcella (and current greyhound Selena, who never knew her "sister")

i'm so sorry. it's hard to believe that it's already been a year since you adopted her :grouphug

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Sequoia. Sending warm thoughts that you will find comfort in the love you shared with her and the love you will continue to feel for her.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest PNWtrillium

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. Having had her only six months, I've been surprised at the intensity of my grief. She was quite a special dog, at least to me.

You are all a comfort, as is the existence of a place to share my sadness. Thank you for posting, as well as to those who didn't post but sent their energy through the ether.

Guest Scouts_mom

I remember meeting you and Sequoia at the picnic. She was a beautiful lady and the world is poorer for having lost her so soon. Run free sweet Sequoia.

Guest PNWtrillium

Okay, now you're making me cry again. I'm so glad you got to meet Sequoia, Ruth, and that we got to meet you. Perhaps you'll get to meet my Selena at the Hound Wash, and I'll get to spend some time with your hounds.

My deepest sympathy. I lost a beautiful brood only having had her 11 weeks so I know about the short time together. I too grieved like I had for 11 years. It does get better in time & you will adopt again I'm sure.

Patty, Zim & Patches with Lexi in heaven :f_red

:grouphug That was too short a time but for her it was heaven, I'm sure.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest StriderDog

Our time with our pups is never long enough - but to have that depth of feeling after six months is only a tribute to what a special dog she was. I'm so sorry for your loss! :cry1