Anothe Newbie

Guest Kelihe

Guest Kelihe

Hello to all. My name is Kelly and my family and I have adopted one retired greyhound almost a year ago. His name is Groucho. We adopted him from the Gulf Greyhound track right outside of Houston,Tx. We live in Aubrey, Texas. I learned about this list from a really nice person at the Dog Days of Summer last weekend in Denton,Tx. I'm sorry to say I didn't get a chance to get her name but she had two wonderful greyhounds with her. Big thanks to her for telling me about this forum.

We are so enjoying owning or being owned by a Greyhound, lol. Groucho is 5 years old. He loves his couch and his daily walks and his 20 second romps around the backyard. He also loves to fetch a frisbee. He was retired at 4-1/2 years old after 179 races so I think it is high time for him to just be a pup and have fun.

We have three other dogs as well, a yellow lab, an Australian Shepherd mix and a Border Collie mix. Full house but we love em!

Well, I look forward to being a part of this list and meeting other greyhound owners from all around.

Hi Kelly!! Welcome to greytalk. Gt is a highly addicitve site so have fun and forget moderation in all things fun. :colgate

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest Kelihe

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. Groucho and I are glad to be here. Now if some of you will help me out here, I would appreciate it very much. I would love to post pics of Groucho but I'm not sure how to go about it on this forum. Pleeaassee point me in the right direction. I have used a forum something like this for my chinchillas but I'm stumped here. :unsure

Thanks again everyone,

Kelly & Groucho

Guest GriffinsMom

Welcome from Canada.

Instructions on how to post pictures can be found as a pinned subject in the Cute and Funny forum. If I can figure out how to post pictures anybody can. Everyone loves to see pictures of the hounds.

Guest Kelihe
Welcome from Canada.

Instructions on how to post pictures can be found as a pinned subject in the Cute and Funny forum. If I can figure out how to post pictures anybody can. Everyone loves to see pictures of the hounds.

Thank You for the help. I actually managed to get my first attempt to work! I posted one pic of Groucho in the Cute and Funny forum. This particular picture was entered into a contest by the adoption center where we adopted Groucho from and won Honors Merit at Night of the Stars. Funny thing is, I didn't know anything about it, I had just mailed the pic to the wonderful ladies that helped us with Groucho's adoption. The way I found out was Chris from Houndstown martingale collars emailed me and told me they had a celebrity for a customer. LOL I ended up receiving a dvd of all the winners and a certificate too. Talk about proud parents. hehehe

:welcome

Welcome Kelly!! Glad you found us and hope you enjoy the site.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Kelihe
Hey! I live in Paris. Texas. I have been through Aubrey several times. Lots of race horses!

Hi CeeEs! I know where Paris is also. My grandmother used to live up there. Yes, Aubrey, Tx has lots of race horses and just about any kind of horse you could imagine. lol

I guess I will stick to my retired race dog. :gh_runner He doesn't eat as much or need hay or a barn for that matter. LOL I have to admit that he's been called a horse on several occasions because he is so tall.

Thanks to all of you for the big welcomes. This group seems wonderful!

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Welcome from Arizona! I'm Donna and I have Spencer, my 6.5 y/o Grey and Emmy my 6.5 y/o Airedale Terrier/Hound mix.

:welcome