A Happy Visit To The Veterinary Hospital

I'm so proud of my boy :blush

Today was Casey's first visit to Dove Lewis Veterinary Hospital as a blood donor. He was fussed over, got a wonderful massage both before and after, and left a unit of blood lighter. Of course, he was the best behaved, most handsome, most easygoing, friendly boy they've ever seen :rolleyes:

Here is a picture of Casey with Carole, who is the Blood Bank Coordinator. She is trying to get him interested in the toy he picked out afterwards (a stuffed hot dog).

He doesn't look too happy here does he? :lol He's thinking: "If she isn't going to keep giving me a massage then I'm outta here. Mom, let's go! He got a bright orange "I'm a blood donor" scarf and got a lot of attention on the way back to the car. He loved that.

Casey_047.jpg

Way to go Casey

3 of mine are blood donor.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Welcome to the ranks Casey!

Our whole pack are donors :D

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest LynnM

Joplin was the blood donor at my clinic for a long time. The last time he donated, the dog he was donating to was a fair bit younger than he is... he's pretty much retired now. Louis is a full universal donor, HW - and TBD free. Unfortunately, he's such a TURD about being handled, that we have to be really desparate to use him.

Lynn

Our Dreamie give for 4 years with Eastern Vet. Blood Bank in Maryland

Just retired as blood donor when she reached 8 yrs old, received her

certificate in the mail yesterday.

Now our Clara-belle, 4 yrs old, is donating with EVBB.

They love the attention (like they get none at Home)

Guest Greensleeves

Thank you all who've given blood. The e-vets last weekend fought hard to save Whistler's life with a blood transfusion, and I am SO grateful to the anonymous dog that donated the blood. Whistler was never robust enough to be a donor, but know that it means the world to the dogs who receive the blood (and their moms!!).

Guest doodlebug

Yeah Casey! Carol is wonderful and is so good with the greys. We just lost our blood donor recently, we may have another though? It is a wonderful program, so happy you are a part of it! The photo is very nice and what a handsome guy!

Guest Scouts_mom

Good Dog, Casey--You're a hero! :wub::wub::wub:

Mindy was worried that the loss of blood might slow you down so you wouldn't want to race any more.--I've assured her that you'll be just as playful as ever. :gh_run

The Princess Tia says that you may be a hero, but she still is not going to let you get overly fresh with your butt sniffing! :wife2

Guest runner615
Thank you all who've given blood. The e-vets last weekend fought hard to save Whistler's life with a blood transfusion, and I am SO grateful to the anonymous dog that donated the blood. Whistler was never robust enough to be a donor, but know that it means the world to the dogs who receive the blood (and their moms!!).

How nice of you to thank the donors, especially the one for your Whistler. Fortunately for us, we've never been on the 'receiving' end but rather the donating. :colgate

Kudos and hugs to all donators AND recipients. :thumbs-up

* Nice job Casey!

Guest MountainHounds

Way to go Casey! :yay Kamin has been a donor at the Colorado State University Veterinary teaching hospital for almost three years now. Neither one of my other two can donate (Prax is A+ and Kavana had been exposed to babesia) but Kamin goes once every two months and donates. He knows exactly where to go and even jumps up on the table by himself when he gets in the donation room. He said to tell Casey that he gets to run through the McDonald's drive-thru after every donation for a cheeseburger for being such a good boy and that he doesn't blame Casey for ignoring the toy, that he's just holding out for the cheeseburger!

Guest LynnM

The thing I liked most about donating at a local clinic was that the owners of the receiving dogs always wanted to meet Joplin. They were always so sweet to him (we gave them cookies to give him, too). We used to joke that their dogs would run so much faster once they went home because now they were "part greyhound".

Lynn