Lily Needs Healing Prayers Please

Feel better soon sweetie.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Feel better soon Sweetheart. Sending my prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh, poor Lily, and poor you. I know if she didn't sleep, then neither did you. Hope when you got home this morning she was feeling better. We're sending get well thoughts for sweet Lily.

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

Guest Winterwish

Oh no,poor Lily! That is so scarey isn't it? :grouphug Unfortunately I know the feeling too. Sending prayers for Lily's healing and hoping she has a good rest tonite. :dogcookie:dogcookie:hope

Aww, poor Lily! Well, speaking from tons of experience, the first few days are always rough, but she'll soon forget they're there. And yup, 10-14 days until suture/staple removal. One poor pup at the vet needs to have them in at least 21 days - she popped open her incision from sutures removed at 14 days before she even left the parking lot.

Anyway, hope she's feeling better soon.

(And Isaac, now I'm curious which anaethesia protocol they used... I might have to be nosy and look at the chart)

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Thanks so much everyone for the well wishes.

I am happy to report that when I got home this morning my little brindle princess was her happy go lucky self. DH said he carried her upstairs last night to our bedroom and while doing that she looked at him like hey daddy what ya doing and licked his face the enitre time going up the stairs. He put her on our bed and baby gated her in the room. He said she slept the whole night. I was wondering why we didn't find any blood anywhere but after close inspection of our bed sheets we did find spots of in several places.

I am so relieved, now the fun part will be to keep her from scratching the area with the staples, it's starting to itch her since they shaved around the area. Guess now I can take the crate down, not that Lily went into it anyway, but Marx sure did enjoy it (as long as the door was open). Of course Lily is still milking it for all the attention/extra treats she can get and yes as a responsible greyhound owner DH and I have been very indulgent in her request for such things :lol:lol

I do have a question, anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do to keep the crazy woman from scratching open the area? I thought about puting a t-shirt on her, but with it being so hot I didn't want to over heat her. Maybe I could put a baby sock on her back foot?

Again thanks everyone.

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest gapeach1

The only thing to do to keep her from scratching it is to use a muzzle with stool guard so that she will stay remain cool. The ecollars are reknowned for not working, my 18 month old has broken 4 of them now. Some people have tried wrapping towels around the neck, or purchasing the bite not collars. My preference is the muzzle when she can't be supervised. As she heals, the stitches won't be so itchy, and she'll quickly forget it.

GAPeach1