Lily Needs Healing Prayers Please

Monday evening DH was walking the pups and on his way back home our neighbors dog got out of the yard and went after Lily and Marx. Luckily dh was able to get things under control and get the pups home without any injuries (or so we thought). I checked both pups over and didn't see anything. I thought I checked really well. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Well it's been a long day, I came home from work Tuesday morning and noticed that Lily had a cut on her right side. After further evaluation I realized that she would need stiches, so off to vet. Poor girl, they gave her some sleepy drugs and put in 3 staples. My heart was breaking hearing her yelp. I brought her home and she slept a bit, but I kept very close watch over her since the drugs where still in her system and her breathing was rather labored. I did manage to leash walk her in the yard to finally get her to potty around 3:30pm and was able to get her to eat some around 4:30. She certainly isn't her self, she is very clinging/whiney and it's breaking my heart. I am trying not to baby her too much. I think she managed to sleep for a total of 2 hrs today and I am exhausted. I hated to leave her to come to work. DH is home with her and will either carry her up to our room to sleep or he'll sleep on the couch in the living room baby gating her off from the basement steps.

Lily is on restricted activity and should be able to get the staples out in 12-14 days. I had no idea they would have to stay in that long. I really hope that when I get home Wednesday morning from work that my sweet brindle beauty will feel more like her old self.

So enough of my rambling, if you all could, please send healing prayers for my baby girl.

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest Tenderhearts

Many many healing thoughts being sent to the lovely Miss Lily!

We had an incident several years ago where Amber was walking Lori Ann around a couple of blocks, and a nasty drunk standing inside his front door let his chow out the door when he saw Amber coming down the street. The chow went after Lori Ann and tore her flank open. I don't remember how many sutures she had, but the wound was about 5" long. She had a hard time getting comfortable the first couple of nights after the episode, and was also very clingy. She did sleep well the first night as it was a late evening ER call, and she was pretty sedated when they were done with her.

Hugs to all of you! :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by Tenderhearts

:getwell Praying Lily makes a quick recovery!

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

oh no! :grouphug Those brindles can hide an injury!!!! Not to mention they can be so incredibly stoic when you feel them over.... Glad she's on the mend!! :grouphug:wub:

Get better soon little Lily :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Poor Lily - good wishes coming her way from Maine. I hope her stitches will heal quickly and she'll be back to her normal self within a couple of days. She may be very uncomfortable right now and that might explain her behavior. It is so hard to see them hurting. Hugs to everyone! :bighug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

They are so pathetic when they are doped up aren't they? Here's hoping for some quick healing :hope

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Guest GriffinsMom

Feel better soon Lily. :grouphug

The last time Griffin was attacked he ended up with 15 staples in his chest. I don't thing either one of us slept that first night. It broke my heart to hear him cry every time he tried to move for the first several days. I hope Lily heals quickly. :bighug

Guest bowiebears

Prayers and good thoughts for Lily and for you all.

Yes, drugged up GHs can be very worrisome. My boy Dowland, who'll be 12 later this month, just had dental work, and he was just a ghost of himself for 2 days afterwards, till the stuff was entirely out of his system. He's back to normal now...

All the best,

Isaac