Beau's 1st Post -op Appointment

Beau went for his 1st post op appointment since his surgery last Thursday and I am thrilled and relieved to say that he is doing well.

Once again the doc made a point of saying that he has never in 31 years seen a greyhound do this kind of damage (remove the tendon and ligament away from the bone) and we have to TRY TO KEEP HIM FROM BEING A BOZO!

With the cast on, he is not too concerned, it's after he the cast comes off that he is concerned about.

We will cope with it one day at a time.

We hired a nanny who loves the pups to stay with them while Beau is re-couperating. We need to make sure that Beau doesn't jump onto anything and that Teddy doesn't accidently knock him over. She did GREYT today and all the pups loved her. Beau actually roo'd when they met yesterday (1st time since he got hurt). It was his way of saying thanks for the pretty, young, loving girl who is watching me, Mom!!! I LIKE HER!

YAY Beau!

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

YAY Beau indeed!!

Thank you for posting this progress report - please continue.

It was probably in your original post - how long will Beau need the cast?

Doc said the cast looked excellent (there is a bootie over it). That was a tough feat yesterday, keeping it dry and clean with that nasty massive rain storm we had! The cast will prob be on for another 2 weeks, maybe 3. So total 3-4 weeks.

It's after the cast comes off, we have to remain extremely careful.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest greytmonty
YAY Beau indeed!!

Thank you for posting this progress report - please continue.

It was probably in your original post - how long will Beau need the cast?

Doc said the cast looked excellent (there is a bootie over it). That was a tough feat yesterday, keeping it dry and clean with that nasty massive rain storm we had! The cast will prob be on for another 2 weeks, maybe 3. So total 3-4 weeks.

It's after the cast comes off, we have to remain extremely careful.

When DS broke his wrist we got a kevlar sleeve from the orthopedist that tightens at the top with a velcro-ed belt. Can you use one of these on the cast? the orthopods have them for human arms and legs, maybe one could fit with some tweaking.

Glad he is doing well.

Beau went for his 1st post op appointment since his surgery last Thursday and I am thrilled and relieved to say that he is doing well.

Once again the doc made a point of saying that he has never in 31 years seen a greyhound do this kind of damage (remove the tendon and ligament away from the bone) and we have to TRY TO KEEP HIM FROM BEING A BOZO!

With the cast on, he is not too concerned, it's after he the cast comes off that he is concerned about.

We will cope with it one day at a time.

We hired a nanny who loves the pups to stay with them while Beau is re-couperating. We need to make sure that Beau doesn't jump onto anything and that Teddy doesn't accidently knock him over. She did GREYT today and all the pups loved her. Beau actually roo'd when they met yesterday (1st time since he got hurt). It was his way of saying thanks for the pretty, young, loving girl who is watching me, Mom!!! I LIKE HER!

YAY Beau!

yay Beau....get better soon! Stop being a Bozo too. :) Lucky dogs to have a nanny....if I was a dog, I'd like to be one of yours. Vacation home for the dogs, nanny for the dogs, etc. wow!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

yay Beau....get better soon! Stop being a Bozo too. :) Lucky dogs to have a nanny....if I was a dog, I'd like to be one of yours. Vacation home for the dogs, nanny for the dogs, etc. wow!

:lol:lol:blush:lol:lol

Guest Winterwish

Oh I'm so happy to hear that! I know he still has his recovery to go thru',but gee he does sound like he's doing well!

Good for you Beau! Devon is right! dancing bananaas it is! :banana :banana :banana:getwell

So glad to hear that beautiful Beau is feeling better and is on the mend. I know how awful it is to have one of your

babies in a cast. Our kitty, Marley, broke her leg a year and a half ago and needed plates and pins inserted to mend it.

She had to stay in an empty room (with just a mattress on the floor) for 12 weeks so she wouldn't jump up on anything.

My DH and I would take turns going upstairs to spend time with her and comfort her. I also had another kitty who was

dying from a vaccine-induced fibrosarcoma at that time. Those were some of the worst months of our lives, but her leg

is perfect now and I'm sure you and Beau will get through this together. Take this time to spoil him rotten.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I don't know about you, but trying to keep a greyhound quiet when they don't want to is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

They may be couch potatoes but when they wanna play, lookout!

Exactly, that's why it's going to be a LOOOOOOONG time before Beau is off leash in our yard or the Pocono house.