Is Frontline Plus Really Waterproof?

I just started up with Frontline Plus last month as we are approaching summer hiking time! I applied Frontline Plus on Monday (yesterday) just as I do at the first of every month. So of course, what does Grace do this morning, she goes and rolls in poop. :angry: Something must have come in our yard last night to use the bathroom, she found it this morning and rolled in it. Nice way to start the day, thanks Grace! I noticed that it’s not just on her neck and face like usual, but all the way down her back too. :eek I spot cleaned her this morning, but she needs a bath tonight. My question….should I reapply the Frontline? I don’t want to wash it all away, but I don’t want to overdose her either. On their website it says it’s waterproof for 30 days even if your dog swims or bathes…..but I thought I’d turn to the experts here. Any suggestions?

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest Tenderhearts

Rule of thumb here (and also what my vet recommends) is no bath 48 hours before or after application.

If you could hold off till tomorrow and then bathe, that would be great.

I have dogs that climb in and out of the wading pool in the summer, and yes, it is waterproof. It just needs time to absorb down into the oil glands after application.

Rule of thumb here (and also what my vet recommends) is no bath 48 hours before or after application.

I have dogs that climb in and out of the wading pool in the summer, and yes, it is waterproof. It just needs time to absorb down into the oil glands after application.

Crap, so I gave Fenway a bath and put Fronline on him when he dried (about an hour later).....I'm glad the fleas and ticks are not terrible around here!

I would bathe her. . . . . you know how I can't stand stinky dogs.

For being such a princess, she sure can have her "moments". Dog perfume! Yuk! :sick

Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Frontline is fipronil, a strongly lipophilic substance I suppose- as it works its way into the hair follicle. That's how it manages to keep working for four weeks. Their website boasts the waterproof properties of Frontline twice in their brochure:

http://frontline.us.merial.com/products/brochure_dog.pdf

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Crap, so I gave Fenway a bath and put Fronline on him when he dried (about an hour later).....I'm glad the fleas and ticks are not terrible around here!

This is totally fine. This is what we do with all of our incoming dogs. Bathe, let dry, apply frontline. I've always felt like 24 hrs was enough time for it to absorb but I don't really bathe my dogs often so it's not generally an issue for me.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

This is totally fine. This is what we do with all of our incoming dogs. Bathe, let dry, apply frontline. I've always felt like 24 hrs was enough time for it to absorb but I don't really bathe my dogs often so it's not generally an issue for me.

I too don't bathe my dogs often...I usually use the "smell test" and today Grace IS getting a bath. P!U!