Good By Dear Lucy

Guest ohgreyt

Guest ohgreyt

Lucy, probably my all time favorite rat, passed away this weekend from cancer. She had two tumors and they finally took over her little body. She ate and ate and ate, and got skinier while her tumors flourished. She was too old to attempt a surgery :( When I woke up the other day, I thought she was gone, so I moved her cage out back. I came out to feed the dogs a few minutes later, tissues in hand to catch my tears, and noticed Lucy's back feet were moving. She saw me and was trying to get up! She has had a hard time at moving around lately due to the size of her fast growing tumor.... She was breathing shallowly and very cold. I pet her for a few minutes and went to wake my daughter so she could tell her good bye. After we both pet her and talked to her awhile and told how much we loved her she died. I really think she was waiting for me to tell her good bye before she passed on. She was a very intuitive little gal. She was quite old for a rat. She was almost 4! Usually they go around age 2. I will sorely miss her little face when I sit down to eat. She was next to my chair so that she could get treats at mealtime. Her favorites were bacon, cheese, and wheat thins. She was a silly girl and liked to run around the bathroom while I got ready in the mornings. She liked to lick my fingers when they tasted good (the only rat I've ever had that did this). And she loved to sit in my lap and visit. Lucy dear I hope that you are enjoying running free of your tumors right now! I hope that you will find Tressa, Mindy, Templeton and all of the other rats that I've had that are where you are now. We love you and miss you!

Edited to add....agh I wish I could fix the error in the title...that bugs me!

Edited by ohgreyt

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your little Lucy sounds very special indeed. What a blessing that you and your daughter had the opportunity to love her all the way to the Bridge.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

godspeed Lucy.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest needlenoselover

I'm sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a special girl. I know rats are very smart.

Run free sweetie............. :f_pink

Guest Tenderhearts

Godspeed little Lucy! :cry1 I know what a big piece of your heart those little ratties can steal. I know my Muddy, Puddin', and Noodles were there to greet Lucy at the bridge :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by Tenderhearts

I am so sorry. :( Our daughter had two rats...and I must admit I thought that they were kinda cute...but did not want to touch them...before I knew it she put one of each of my shoulders and they both started licking my face...well...from that moment on...I loved those little babes. They both died within 6 month of each other with the tumors you describe...they were 3. I am so sorry for your loss...Lucy go find Darby and Java...I know that they are watching for you. :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest how888

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much you loved Lucy and know she is running around free as ever now over that big beautiful rainbow.

Godspeed, little one. Hurry on over the bridge, and on the other side you'll find all the bacon, cheese, and wheat things you could ever want. Hugs to your family who is missing you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug I'm so sorry for your loss.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound