My Penny Is Sick

Guest neenieca

Guest neenieca

Penny hasn't been feeling very well, so we took her to the vet on Friday and learned that she has coccidia, a nasty parasite that is the cause of her vomiting, diarrhea, nausea and occasional loss of appetite. We're on the third day of her Albon prescription, and it's just been a yucky day for her. She's had the big D, vomit that looks like the big D (what the...?), and nausea that makes her vomit when she gets up sometimes - at least three times today so far. I just feel so badly for her! She looks so sad and won't take a cookie (though she did eat her breakfast!) We came back from our mid-morning walk, and she went straight to lie down in her dirt and wouldn't move. We stayed there a good 20 min...whatever makes her feel better at this point.

Feel better soon, Penny Paw Paw. I love you bunches! :kiss2

Jennie

Guest greytexplorer

Just keep reminding yourselves that coccidia is treatable, and hang in there! It WILL get better! I know this from experience with a pound puppy!

gentle hug to sweet penny and a big hug to you

Poor Penny! I had a kitten with coccidia, and it took months for her to get all the way over it. She wasn't as bad as your poor Penny, though. I hope you can figure out something to help her soon!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Poor Ms. Penny.

Feel better pretty girl.

Hugs.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending prayers for a swift recovery. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest neenieca

Thanks, guys, for the well wishes and "healing" vibes. Penny's evening was much better than the rest of the day. She ate all her dinner and a cookie before bed, enjoyed a nice long cuddle with us on the couch while we watched a movie, and only vomited once all night. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better. :goodluck

Thanks again,

Jennie