Della Spent The Day At The Vet's Today

First a little history. All four of our had some bad food and got the squirts. Long story short, three have been fine for a couple weeks now. Della has not improved and we posted before and followed many suggestions.

Friday I called the vet and she thought it was something I can't even pronounce so she had us pick up some amoxycilin and said we should see instant improvement if it is what she thought. No improvement to get excited about. She went from a squirting distance of two feet down to one but still orangeish water. :sick

Her coat is not shiney any more and her stomach is bloated and she has no tuck left to speak of.

We dropped her off this morning. She would fart when her belly was pressed on and it was beyond the normal peel the paint gas. They did x-rays. Heart seems fine and is normal size. Belly area wasn't clear because there was so much fluid in there. They did a needls aspiration and pulled out water (no pus). Bloodwork was ordered.

The vet is thinking it may be a liver problem or a gastro intestinal problem where the body isn't absorbing nutrition and it just leaks fluid into the belly. Im sorry if I'm not clear. It was such a surprise to know she may be very sick. The vet said not to panic until the results are back. We are to collect urine and bring it in in the morning. She wants to see how much protein is in it.

She also said some of the things she can fix with medicine and diet but others she can't. I guess some good thoughts and prayers may be in order please. :cry1

(edited to show update)

Edited by Zoolady

Alice (missing 12/7/05), Wonder and Ben

Alice%20Sig.jpgWonder%20Prof%20Sig.JPGBen%20Sig.jpg

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

Many prayers for Della! I hope they can figure out what is causing this.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Sending many prayers for precious Della. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Thank you for all your support, thoughts and prayers.

DH was able to capture a good amount of urine this morning so will keep you posted. I'm sure the neighbors thought he'd gone insane. B):unsure

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

Many good thoughts and my very best wishes for Della's quick recovery!!!

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Update 6/5/07

Vet just called. Bloodwork back says intestinal disease, small intestine. She said it may take 6 to 8 weeks to resolve (twice as long as she was sick)

Game plan:

Worming (even though none are showing)

Flagyl

continue Amoxycilian

Probiotics powder (discontinue yogurt)

Call her Monday.

If Della's had no response, change diet to something her intestines never had like venison or rabbit (special diet).

If that doesn't help, then endoscopy or surgical biopsy of the small intestine.

I do think Della may be getting better because she's gone from orange squirt to melted chocolate. I'm so happy our GT family understands poop and I can discuss the color chart freely.

Noticed this morning her shoulders look boney and her ribs are showing a lot so her weight has probably dropped.

The swollen tummy seems to be down a tad which is good. :goodluck

No protein in the urine to speak of but will know more when it gets back from the lab.

Guest Tenderhearts

Ahhhh yes, we can freely discuss poo in all its glory here! :lol

I am so glad to hear that she seems to be showing some improvement.

I also know how quickly they can drop weight and show it.

Continuing prayers for your precious Della from Kansas, and thank you for the update! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Sending prayers for Della. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.