Diapers For Incontinence?

Guest chigal950

Guest chigal950

Managing urinary incontinence in a grey.

Our Tai taught herself to go on the rubber-back carpet runners when she needed to. It protected our carpeting but it still created a ton of washing and she wasn't always 100% accurate. I never thought diapers would work well on a dog though. Have you tried them and what are your results?

Guest sheila

I wonder if one could modify a regular human diaper for this purpose by just cutting out a tail hole? $20 for 10 diapers is kind of spendy where as a pkg of store brand baby diapers is $5-7 for 2-3x that many.

When I was considering them for my bichon, someone told me you have to be very careful that the urine doesn't burn their skin. I ended up confining her and putting down those pee pads from Petsmart with old towels on top of them. Washed a lot of towels but the pee pads kept the floors and carpeting dry.

Guest sheila
When I was considering them for my bichon, someone told me you have to be very careful that the urine doesn't burn their skin. I ended up confining her and putting down those pee pads from Petsmart with old towels on top of them. Washed a lot of towels but the pee pads kept the floors and carpeting dry.

Good point. I had a Bichon that even though not diapered had to have the hair in the area around her labia kept clipped as she would get urine burned. Though that not might be as much of an issue with a grey, it would be important to wash the area at every diaper change and possibly even use some kind of protective cream in the area.