Mia Is Home!

Guest PhillyPups
:bighug Alisha, know you and sweet Mia are continually in my thoughts and prayers Thank you for the update, :yay on no fever. :bighug

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, Alisha, I've been waiting on a update and can not believe what you both are going through. I feel your pain, fear and frustration.

We are all keeping the prayers, love, hugs and white lights coming.

XOXOXO

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Keeping you and your girl in my thoughts.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hoping that each day will bring better news for you and that Mia will be on the road to recovery. Every little improvement is important and another step forward. This is so stressful for you - we'll all be keeping you and Mia in our prayers and good thoughts. :hope:hope

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Sending more good healing thoughts for Mia. Looking forward to a positive update today.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Guest nlochansky

Hi Alisha,

I'm still thinking about you and Miss Mia. I :hope the news continues to get better.

Please don't worry about my collar order until your baby is feeling better... it's not like the girls don't have anything else to wear in the meantime!

Edited by nlochansky

**Update 6.5.07**

It looks like Mia might be coming home tonight!!!!! I am so happy and excited! The vet wants to check her blood levels again and make sure she is still responding well to the pred, but she said Mia slept most of the night last night!

My poor girl was so exhausted when we saw her yesterday, Bob and I actually picked her up and gently laid her down on her blanket and she never even lifted her head after that, she was SO tired!! So afterwards, they were nice enough to take her back to her kennel while she was still laying down and the vet said she never got up again, she just slept all night.

I am so relieved!!! She is at least on the road to recovery and is feeling a little better today, I am so happy!!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Get well soon Mia- your Mommy misses you sooo much.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Sending prayers. I'm off to Abilene but you know how to get ahold of me :)

If she does not respond quickly, make sure they test for bartellonis which appears to becoming more prevalent.

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=113219&hl=

Came accross this on another list (Circle of Grey). A woman's grey was tested for and had bartonellosis. From what I've read, it is the bacteria in cat scratch fever and can be passed from ticks to humans and dogs.

Dogs. Although of low prevalence, B. vinsonii has been documented as a

cause of endocarditis in 4 dogs. A closely related organism is suspected to

cause myocarditis and endocarditis in North Carolina where Bartonella

seroprevalence is low (3-4% of dogs). Bartonella spp. may also cause

unexplained epistaxis, idiopathic arthritis, granulomatous lymphadenitis

and rhinitis in dogs.

Antech Report

edited to add:

Bartonella vinsonii, subspecies berkhoffii, has been reported to cause cardiac arrhythmia, endocarditis, myocarditis, and granulomatous lymphadenitis and rhinitis in dogs. Bartonella henselae also has been reported to cause liver disease (peliosis hepatitis) in dogs. While vectors have not been identified for Bartonella spp., ticks are believed to be likely vectors. There is a high rate of co-infection in dogs with ehrlichiosis, babesiosis and bartonellosis. Any dog being treated for Babesia spp. or Ehrlichia spp. infection and not responding completely should be tested for Bartonella spp. infection. Immunosuppression results from bartonellosis, and this may impair ability of the dog to clear concurrent infections.

Of about 700 serum samples screened by Dr. Breitschwerdt's laboratory, 90 (11%) were seropositive for Bartonella spp., which is higher than the previously noted 3% rate. Of these 90, 30 dogs had no other antibodies against infectious agents and 24 had complete medical records. Among these 24 dogs, 30% had dermatologic changes of erosion/scabbing of ear tips and leukocytoclastic vasculitis on biopsy. Some dogs had joint pain, and 20% had uveitis with or without retinal hemorrhages. Twenty-one percent had neurological disease, several had changes in the CSF like GME, and 21% had AIHA. Half of the dogs had thrombocytopenia, and about one third had neutrophilia, monocytosis, eosinophilia, and anemia.

ps - have them use North Carolina State for all further tick testing!

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Oh Alisha! Yeay! I'm so glad to read she's doing better and resting, and might come home soon! :bighug

You two haven't left my thoughts for days. All positive thoughts, by the way! ;)

In a few weeks, you'll have your precious baby at home and this will all be like a bad dream fading in the sunlight.

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Oh Alisha! Yeay! I'm so glad to read she's doing better and resting, and might come home soon! :bighug

You two haven't left my thoughts for days. All positive thoughts, by the way! ;)

In a few weeks, you'll have your precious baby at home and this will all be like a bad dream fading in the sunlight.

Xan, you should have heard me on the phone today giving instructions on how to keep the thoughts positive without including negative words. I was instructing "Say you want Mia to recover quickly and respond positively to all of her antibiotics and treatments, don't say you want "no side effects"" :lol :lol

(thanks to Cynthia for helping me come up with that phrase. :lol)

Edited by 2hounds

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest DoofBert

Thanks for thinking to keep us all informed. We're all keeping Mia and her family in our prayers.

And isn't it amazing how our friends/employees can come through when you need them! Good people, good hounds, good vets.... all reasons to give thanks!

Guest PhillyPups

Many prayers here for a fast and/or immediate and complete recovery for sweet little Mia (is that positive enough??) :hope:hope:hope

You have been on my mind totally through this.

Xan, you should have heard me on the phone today giving instructions on how to keep the thoughts positive without including negative words. I was instructing "Say you want Mia to recover quickly and respond positively to all of her antibiotics and treatments, don't say you want "no side effects"" :lol:lol

:lol

I'm adding the following positive thoughts: I want Alisha to be calm and focussed so that she can continue to be productive and yet balanced by spending time with her other loved ones as well, and things will be in great shape when Mia returns to her happy, calm home.  :)

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.