Mia Is Home!

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

What the heck is going on?? ARGHHHHHHH :angry: Alisha I'm sure you are just as mad and upset and hurt and everything that I'm feeling.

It's so frustrating not knowing exactly what is going on and why all these problems. I hope and pray that there are some answers soon and that they can get Mia all better and back home where she wants and needs to be.

I am so sorry you are going through all this and I so wish I could make it better, be closer to give you a hug and just do anything, but coming from MS know that there are a TON of prayers, warm healing thoughts and lots of concern for you and Mia.

Mia baby, get better sweet :grouphug

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers to you and Mia.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Sending more prayers for Mia and her loving family. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Darn Alisha, I was hoping she would be doing better by now. A big hug because I know how worried you are about her. Come on Mia, start feeling better soon, your mommy misses you!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Checking for a morning update ...

Mia!! Honey, joke's getting old, sweet thing! Now get up and wag that tail to let everyone know you were just kidding, and go home to your poor worried family!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Alisha}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Oh I feel for you and Mia. :bighug I hope they figure out what's up so they can get her better and she can come home.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest mountain4greys

Wow Alisha! We're so sorry you guys are going through such a rough time. We hope Mia feels better soon, and that you'll be able to relax soon. :hope:candle:hope:candle

I hope that Mia is feeling better today.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Thinking of Mia and wondering how she's doing?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

**Update 6.4.07**

We just returned from seeing her. I am still kind of raw from seeing her in such bad shape but wanted to update so you can all keep those positive healing thoughts coming.

Mia was started on pred last night, they have been treating her for Erlichea, Babesia, Lyme, and Rocky Mountain since Saturday, but we don't have the titers back yet so we don't actually know for sure if she has anything besides Erlichea, but SOMETHING is going on besides Erlichea and that is for sure and they don't want to wait until the titers come back to start treating her for the other TBDs because she needs to get better NOW!

Her legs and feet are still very swollen and she wouldn't eat for the vet today so we brought some food with cooked chicken and she ate about a cup of food plus all of the cooked chicken. She had a pee accident in the room with us so we took her outside. She is walking well, she pooped outside but it was runny with some mucousy blood in it (which really worried me a lot since she started on the pred last night). We took it back with us to give to the vet, so hopefully all is well there and it is just irritation from having diahrea (and being on 3 different antibiotics).

Her temperature is NORMAL! And that is literally the first time in 2 weeks that it hasn't spiked back up at night so I am really relieved. We aren't out of the woods yet, and her feet still look very swollen to me, but when I spoke with the dr. that is treating her, she sounded positive and said Mia might get to come home tomorrow.

If she comes home tomorrow, we still have to watch every poopy to make sure she isn't bleeding, we will have to keep her quiet, and she will have to rest a lot. We are going to x-pen off a corner of our living room so that she can rest in there without worrying about the other hounds.

I can't wait to have her home, I am going to pile up 5 beds so she can sleep on them with all of the cushion in the world.

I am sorry if anyone is waiting on something from me. I appreciate the private messages but right now I can't focus enough to answer. I am very lucky to have a team that is keeping 2HD afloat right now because I am such a wreck. My "girls" (employees) have all rallied behind me and they are getting orders that came in while I was at Mountain Hounds caught up and getting the wholesale orders that have to ship this week out ASAP. I appreciate everyone's support and patience with me. This is literally the first time I have had a hound this sick, I have been very blessed with overall healthy animals (other than a condition here and there) so I am just taking it very hard.

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Oh Alisha, I know how hard this is on you. We're keeping you all in our prayers. Hopefully tomorrow you'll see a big improvement in your sweet baby. Steroids are a wonderful drug when absolutely necessary so maybe she will turn the corner and start improving! Hugs to you, I know you need them.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Thanks for the update and continued thoughts and prayers for Mia and lots and lots of hugs for you!!