Beau Is Home

We took Beau home 2 hours ago. He initially cried when he saw me, ate a few pieces of dried chicken strips in the car reluntuntly, but refused to let us get him out of the SUV. He moved toward the back seat so we couldn't get him. We brought the other 2 dogs out to him but that didn't interst him with (although the other 2 went crazy to see him). Finally got him out, carried him up and he stood frozen for over 1/2 hour. Carried him back downstairs outside to pee, wouldn't pee. Sigh. Brought him back in to den, he finally layed down on dog bed. He basically ignores me and turns his head away when I talk to him.

A few minutes ago, he took some water and licked my face. He's got a bandage and large bootie on which will be on for 4 weeks or so. He is able to walk ON LEASH ONLY, no jumping. Short walks.

I'm sure as the drugs wear off, my Beau will be back.

I'm so grateful to have him home and once again, I have to thank all of you for your love and support.

Much love,

Robin, Beau and family.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm glad he's back with you. Prayers for easy healing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Welcome home sweetie...sending prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Glad to hear that Beau is home... don't worry about his behavior right now. My horse had many days where she was upset with me after I had to place her on stall rest due to a ligament injury. However, I think her injury has actually brought us closer together. She is actually happy to see me most days now.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Glad he's home--his behavior is more about the drugs in his system than his feelings about you, I'm sure. He'll come around.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

How is Beau doing now?

He got up on his own and we took him for a walk. He did his busniess. Now he is resting comfortably. One hour at a time, one day at a time. He seems happier when we do not carry him up and down the stairs. Doc said he was OK to do stairs with supervision (we keep him on tight leash for that)

Thanks for asking!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest Winterwish

Wow Robin,what a strong boy you have there :kiss2 ,doG love 'im! :) I hope bit by bit each hour,and each day,shows improvement for Beau and his leg.

:dogcookie:dogcookie - and for mom too, :cookie :cookie !

Wow Robin,what a strong boy you have there :kiss2 ,doG love 'im! :) I hope bit by bit each hour,and each day,shows improvement for Beau and his leg.

:dogcookie:dogcookie - and for mom too, :cookie:cookie !

you make me smile!

He's quiet and resting but ate with everyone else tonight. I did not give him the choice, on leash I gently walked him over to his dishes when the other 2 ate. I had been bringing him breakfast and dinner in his bed! He needs to try and get back into the routine even if it is a limited version of it.