Alan's Spinal Cord Injury

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh no, Suzie!!!! Just seeing this now! :( :( :( :( :( :(

sending TONS!!!!! of hugs and prayers to your dear Alan!!!!! :hope :hope :candle:bighug:hope :hope :candle:bighug:hope :hope :candle:bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Glad you were able to get him acupuncture. Have they mentioned that this might be FCE?

Sending prayers!

Yes, the Dr. did mention that but he didn't say that it was for sure FCE. I will ask him about it today. It might be a strange coincidence but all of the cases of FCE that I am reading about have had significant paralysis in the left side and that is exactly how Alan is. Also, the onset of the problem is immediate which is exactly how it happened with Alan.

Thanks, everyone, for all of your prayers and well wishes for my boy! I am just sick about this whole thing :cry1

I have to call now to check in on him...

Oh no...I am so sorry. Sending many prayers and white light. Yes...Angel Sophia had a real bad herniated disc in her neck...we did the accupuncture and chiro...steroids...she would improve but each flare up was worse until she was paralyzed. If it is a disc...often times there is a time window that has to be met for a good outcome with surgery...we did not meet that window because they had to stop her surgery due to bleeding...they had gone in on the anterior approach...the next morning she went back to surgery with a posterior approach...they were able to get the ruptured disc removed but she remained paralyzed and died of respiratory failure. The 2 surgeries...MRI's and CT's were a little over $10,000 and we lost our sweet baby girl the day after her 12th Birthday. We were devastated and in retrospect...we now wish we hadn't messed around with all the treatments but instead went straight to the neurosurgeon...but hindsight is always 20/20 and we wanted to spare her from surgery. Know that my prayers are with you all. :grouphug

Wow, Patti...I never realized how much you went thru with Angel Sophia! :(

I sure hope we can avoid any surgeries for Alan! Not because of cost but because it seems like everyone that has been thru the surgery with their hounds has had some type of complication!

Thanks for your prayers too, Patti! I know your plate is full with everything going on with your husband, etc... and you still manage to keep everyone else in your prayers! The world needs more people like you :wub:

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

Just saw this.... Sending prayers and positive thoughts :hope

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Suzie, I am just seeing this...I am so sorry! :grouphug:hope

I also wanted to post this picture of Cinnamon in her walker, in case you guys want to build something like it for when Alan comes home...

Walker_for_Cinnamon1.jpg

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Rascal had FCE...the one thing with FCE is that there is usually some improvement much like a stroke in the first 24 hrs. Rascal went down completely but within 24 hrs was able to get up and walk without very good control of his back leg.

I really hope Alan improves soon for you!!! :hope

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Sending more prayers for precious Alan...come on sweetie...fight this demon and fight it hard. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.