Beau Back At Vet. Update Post 78 -0ut Of Surgery

12:00 PM.

Still on the table, going well.

Please keep the light burning and prayers coming.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beau's leg is being bandaged as I write this. They will wake him after.

The vet said that he has never seen a greyhound have the type of damage that Beau did to himself. He completely torn the ligament/tendon away from the bone and it had to be put in with screws. He feels that it will be stonger than it was prior with the screws. He is concerned that it could happen to the other leg if Beau is a craxy puppy which he is and has said that he can not go outside unleashed for a very very very long time.

The track in PA that I told him was in the process of being put in? Forget about it.

He said they are competitive athletes and do not know they are retired. He will get out there with Chloe and Teddy and compete which could lead to another tragedy.

No track.

He should be coming home tomorrow.

Ya know, my heart is overwhelmed by the comforting words, well wishes by all our friends of GT.

I never could have gotten through this without all of you. I will never forget your kindness and attention to us when we were in our time of need.

Bless you and your hounds.

xoxox

Robin, Beau & family

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Bless You! I am so glad he is out of surgery. wow, what an injury. prayers continue for you all.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

So glad he is out of surgery. He'll probably need to be kept quiet for awhile, but you'll get through that knowing each day he is healing a little more. My Rickie had partial joint fusion surgery and it was a long road back. Now, while I let him run around in play, I am fairly conservative lest he re-injure. We do very long leash walks too.

Your immediate challenge will be keeping the bandage dry. I'll look for Boomermom's thread on this with her foster Foxy, as it has some good ideas - here's the link:

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=168998

Edited by Rickiesmom

Guest grey_dreams

So glad the surgery went well! The worst part is over now. Hopefully he will learn to take it s l o w and step by step, and soon he will be well again.

:clap I'm so glad the operation went well!!! :clap

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Glad that part is over. Now for rest and healing wishes for Beau.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest vahoundlover

Glad the surgery went well! :thumbs-up Now, all prayers will be concentrated on healing.... one day at a time....you guys WILL get thru this:grouphug

Sending many calm and healing prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

So glad he came through the surgery okay. It is very hard when you see your babies hurting. Just remember, he will get better and recover. :)

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

I'm so glad that the surgery went well and that Beau should be home with you tomorrow :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest paulamariez

Beau is such a pretty boy, I'm so glad to hear he's doing well since surgery. I will keep him in my prayers and sending lots of love and healing light his way. And lots of doggie kisses from my three boys coming to Beau too!

Glad to hear the surgery went well.

Continued :bighug and :hope and :candle for all of you!

DynamoandElenasignature.jpg

Tamara with Aragorn the crazy cat, Fawkes the OTTB, and always missing Elena (Rapido Elena - Rapido Ebony x Quiet Traveler 9/11/02-11/14/12) and Dynamo (Dotties Dynamo - Gable Dodge x Geez Darla 3/27/2001-7/21/2012). I hope doggie heaven is paved with peanut butter and the bunnies are slow. Run free and happy.

Glad to hear that he is out of surgery. Sending more prayers for Beau's recovery. :grouphug

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)