Beau Back At Vet. Update Post 78 -0ut Of Surgery

Beau hurt his leg badly Monday. We took him to the ER. They couldn't do a a full evaluation because he was so upset and stressed.

They gave him a shot of Remadyl and some pills to take home. He didn't do well yesterday and we are still carrying him from one place to another. His whole boldy is shaking terribly and last eve his pupils were fixed where they should have been dialated.

I slept with him on the floor last night as comfort for him. I don't think it made a difference to him. He's so depressed. Our household has been turned upside down because of this.

Chloe started having head tremors which she is prone to, but doesn't usually have unless she is majorly stressed out. We all are.

We brought Beau in to the vet x-rays as I do not see this just going away.

Please pray that this is no more than a bad sprain that will heal very quickly for my baby.

I have to go to work (where I should have been at 8am) and wait for the call.

Update later.

PRAYERS. PLEASE.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gapeach1

Sending healing white light to your sweet Beau that he gets well quickly. So sorry that he got hurt Robin. Please give Chloe a hug for us, as well.

GAPeach1

Good thoughts and prayers from New Jersey. I am looking forward to seeing him at your picnic. Get better Beau.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Calming and healing thoughts for Beau!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

:(

Sending many prayers, and some hugs (for you) and scritchies (for Beau when he is feeling better).

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Vet called to say his ripped his achilles tendon from ankle to knee. He wants his orthopedic surgeon to do surgery. TOMORROW. He feels in the scheme of things he will be OK. No tumors, no breaks.

I'm trying to keep this is in perscpective but my heart is breaking. I am also so angry that the vet we saw on Monday did so little for his pain managment and made him suffer by not admitting him on on the spot. She could not evaluate him because he wouldn't let her? what kind of vet says that? (She is the low man on the totum pole there, I think she is like 12 years old)

Maybe, just maybe he could have had the surgery yesterday and he could have been home today. He suffered terribly.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I'm scared for him. I am praying that they are keeping him very very very sedated so that he just doesn't care where he is.

It;s going to be a very, very, very long 48 hours.

Please continue prayers for my Beau.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Winterwish

Oh gosh,I can just feel your heart breaking, :( I'm so sorry both of you are going thru' this. He's being taken care of Robin :grouphug ,they'll manage his pain,he probably may even sleep a good part of being there,between pain relief and fatigue,so it might help to look at it that way. Sending restful vibes to Beau,and keeping him in my prayers thru' his recovery. :gh_child:hope :hope