Beau Hurt His Leg Playing

Pups were playing in the yard. I wasn't too far away when I heard the GSOD, knowing right away it was Beau. While he was screaming he was still running around almost as if to try and run away from his pain. I saw that he was limping terribly so we did an emergency visit to our vet who has ER hours during weekends and holidays.

Beau carried on so they really couldn't evaluate him too well, other than to say, it's not broken. He got a shot of Remadyl and they said to watch it, not to let him play and if it's not any better in 48 hours, bring him in for an x-ray to see if its a twist or the ligament.

Now, we are carrying him so he doesn't have to walk ( we have a lot of stairs in our house) and he won't eat, (before the vet I tried a Remedyl in peanut butter and vanilla icecream and he would not take it), drink or move. He is sitting away from us, panting so wildly, he's vibrating.

To see this otherwise, happy, silly crazy boy so broken in spirit is so sad. :(

I'm sure in a day or 2 he will be OK, but to see him this sad is so unnatural.

Prayers for a speedy healing for my Beau Beau please.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Hope he is feeling better soon!

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018

How is he today?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

How is he today?

Depressed.

We carreid him out last night at 10:30 to pee and poop (no walk). We carried him outside today at 7:30. He did not do anything ( I immediately worried about urinary retention), carried him back in and placed him in den. Brought him back out 20 minutes later, he pee'd. I made breakfast. He did not eat.

While Rich walked other 2 after breakfast, I got him to eat by holding bowl to him. He drank a lot too. Brought him out again and he did poop. He seemed to be able to walk (with limp ) on grass. He climbed the 5 steps up deck to get back in to house without screaming. He did scream yesterday. How is he? I don't know. His spirit is broken. Beau is the personality in this house.

Sigh. I will give it another 24 hours and bring him in for x-rays if there are no changes. Itook the morning off to stay home, Rich will come home at noon. We just don;t want him being alone.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

oh no! :( :( :(

sending prayers that he feels better very soon!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Aww, poor Beau.

Once he is feeling better I am sure his old personality will come back, after all how cheerful do you feel when sick, right :grouphug

Stella has done this twice recently, both times I took her for x rays only to be told it is just soft tissue, give her some metacam and wait a week. Sunday night, she did it again, racing around the yard like a crazy pup, slid and did a bit of yelped and then wouldn't weight bear. I had to carry her in. I still had some metacam so I gave her some right away and the next morning she was walking on it, with a limp. I figured this time I would wait a day or two and watch for improvement and sure enough today she seems pretty much to have her normal gait back, though I am still keeping her on leash so she doesn't thinks she is better and re-injure.

It is hard to see your babies hurt and sad :grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest Winterwish

Oh my gosh,poor baby! I hadn't seen this Robin,I hope so much he can be treated with only anti inflammatories and rest. Please feel better soon puppy. :hope:hope

Poor Beau! Sending prayers and wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Hugs to you both.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Your baby needs to see the Dr a.s.a.p. Even if they don't think that Rads are warranted pain management is. He may need drugs like Tramadol or Buprenex. Not to worry you but, I've seen dogs walk on severely broken legs. Hope he improves quickly! :unsure

SEE NEW THREAD.