Still Need Prayers Here

Guest Tenderhearts

Hobbes had a stomach irritation for a couple of weeks after being on NSAIDS a year ago. We put him on a diet of boiled chicken mixed with cooked macaroni plus daily Pepcid. This seemed to be milder than rice for his stomach and he seemed more comfortable in a couple of days. It could be Skittles is suffering anxiety because of her leg and it is adding to her overall discomfort and stomach distress. I know how worried and helpless you are feeling - we are all thinking of you and Skittles and wishing for her return to health. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest Tenderhearts
Devon did she go to the bathroom yet?

Yes, and she has loose stools that are orangish and greasy looking with mucous towards the end.

She's jaundiced now and I've been trying to call my vet all day. 99 9/10% of the time he's available for emergencies. This is only the second time in 9 years I can't get ahold of him. I'm doing a lot of praying right now. Our other small animal vet here in town quit a couple of weeks ago.

Well at least some poop came out. That's better than a blockage. Oliver will have that mucousy poop sometimes.

More hugs and prayers for the Fruitbat and you coming your way.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hugs and prayers being continued for your girl.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest Tenderhearts
How is she? Were you able to get in touch with the vet?

She's laying at my feet and still very jaundiced. She is drinking water, and I checked her gums. I didn't even think till earlier the vet and his wife are probably over in Greensburg helping his father and mother clean up as they lost their home and vet clinic in the tornado earlier this month. I'm just praying I can keep her comfortable and hydrated through the night and get her in first thing in the morning.

Oh DeVon, I'm sorry that skittles is still feeling badly. Hoping for a good update tomorrow. Hugs to the pup.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Oh, Fruitbat, feel better soon. :candle:hope

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest Hannah

:bighug

Fluffy got jaundiced as a side effect to some thyroid meds, she stopped eating and got all weak and lethargic. She was fine after a few days on new meds with a spot of syringe feeding.

hugs and kisses all round, and good thoughts that Skittle's jaundice is as easily sorted as Fluffy's was :kiss2

Hannah

continuing to send prayers! :hope :hope :hope:candle:hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

I hope the vet figures things out quickly. We all need Skittle back up to par right away.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Tenderhearts

Waiting at home for labwork results right now. He's afraid if they put an IV in, she will tear it out as she's a mess when she's there and I'm not. I held her head today while he drew blood out of the juglar and she was so good for us. She's laying on a clean blanket in her crate right now. No vomiting today.

Depending on what the results are, they may go in for a liver biopsy.

I just don't know yet.

PS. She was so happy to come back home, she cleaned Randy's face when we came in the door :wub:

Edited by Tenderhearts