Still Need Prayers Here

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

She still isn't right :cry1 I'm trying so hard not to panic. She was off feed, and finally ate yesterday after I bought lean ground round, boiled it, and added some rice. She ate about 2 cups for supper last night.

This morning she slogged down a bunch of water after I let her out for potty break, and vomited it all back up about 10 minutes later, along with a few pieces of rice.

She has had no NSAIDS for 5 days now.

She is wagging her tail when I talk to her.

I haven't seen her poop since Friday.

This is the first time she's vomited.

I don't know what else to do for her.

She's sleeping at my feet right now, cuddled up with Shiloh.

Don't panic. A lot of dogs will do that if they slug down a bunch of water all at once, especially if they have had tummy troubles. I have to watch elvis and make him take a break sometimes when he's tanking up or he'll throw it all back up.

Have you considered getting a consult at K-State about her possible surgery? They're really good and the vet hospital might be a little more reasonably priced than what you said in the other thread.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ben Franklin

Hopefully this morning she just drank too much water too fast! I know if we don't watch her Dreamy will do this then go out to the livingroom and bring it back up (on the carpet of course :blink: ).

It may take a few days for Skittle's stomach to get back to normal. Perhaps small meals several times a day may be easier on her.

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

Is she getting anything for her upset tummy? No advice but lots of hugs and tummy soothing thoughts for your girl.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest Tenderhearts
Is she getting anything for her upset tummy? No advice but lots of hugs and tummy soothing thoughts for your girl.

I had bought some pepcid for her after the vet visit Friday, but hadn't given it this morning since she ate well last night and kept it down. I'm going to continue the pepcid for a few more days and keep her on the boiled hamburger/rice too, smaller portions, more frequent meals.

Sounds like a good plan. Fingers crossed she just drank too much too fast in order to worry her poor momma.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Feel better soon sweetie girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest nerak254

Maybe you could give her chipped ice. When Goody was sick, that's what I finally started o do after a few times of her draining the water bowl and then walking into the living room to barf it all up. I thought about when we re in the hospital and we get ice chips so I figured it would work for her too. After that, ice cubes were the mode of the day most of the time and she didn't throw any up after that!

Guest mirthlesstroll

Logan does that often- slamming down a large amount of water then :puke it promptly back up.

:bighug & get well soon, Skittle. Pepcid is a big help in this tummy-trouble ridden house.

Guest Tenderhearts

She's still not well today. She puked up more water this morning. As long as she stays hydrated, which she still is right now, we're headed to the vet's tomorrow. If she gets worse, it's an ER call today...

:grouphug Stop scaring your mom Skittles. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Winterwish

Devon did she go to the bathroom yet?

I hope she's is feeling better very soon. It's just not right having Skittles not feel well. :grouphug

:getwell:hope

oh no!!!!

just seeing this now!!!!!

sending prayers and hugs for Skittle and you! :hope:candle:bighug:hope:candle

I hope she starts feeling better really soon!!!!!!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway