Hershey The Mutt

Guest poochnme

Guest poochnme

1992 -- may 26 2007

I had to take Hershey the mutt to her last vet visit today and I wanted to thank all of you who met her on Greyhound events and said hello and made her feel special even though she was not a Greyhound. Since I got Lexie last year Hershey has traveled to and had a great time at the events and was often teased for her 'mutt outfit'

Today was a very hard day for me -- but now Hershey is free from her pain and is with her brother and sisters at the bridge. I hope I did the right thing -- I know I did --

Hershey will be remembered always as the one who protected me from everything bad in life -- she protected my grooming shops -- then when I went mobile she got to drive around with me on my rounds. We were very close adn together most of the time.

I will always love you my girl -- and I will never forget how happy and safe you made me feel.

DSCN1035.jpg

FamilyPhotos2005106.jpg

Balance_Ruth_029.jpg

I guess i need to update my signature :(

Edited by poochnme

Guest poochnme
What a sweet face. I am so sorry... May the memories of her continue to make you happy :grouphug

She was so wonderful -- we even swam laps together when we could find a pool who would let in a dog -- I miss her so much already :(

thank you -- I will try to remember the happy times --

Guest Tenderhearts

Cathy, I am so sorry for your loss :cry1 What a sweet face she had :wub: Having had all mutts my life until my introduction to greyhounds, and still have several mutts in the family, I understand how special your girl was to you. Sending gentlest of hugs to you from Kansas :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest argolola

I am crying like a baby after looking at pics of her sweet face. May God bless you with precious memories and turn your tears to smiles.

Beautiful Hershey, you will always be loved.

Edited by argolola

Guest crazy4greys

Cathy~ I am sorry to hear about Hershey. :grouphug She is adorable. :f_pink I know Lexie & Romeo will help you through the difficult days ahead!

I am so sorry. :( Not only will Hershey be reunited with her brothers and sisters...I know our Angels have taken her into their loving paws. :grouphug...Run free and forever healthy sweetie. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

May Hershey be running pain free with so many others now! Maybe my mutt girl Kona (who also hung out with greys as a misfit) will find her. I will ask her to look for Hershey. It is so much harder when you have to make the decision for them. We had to do that with Kona too. :(

Cherish your memories! Those last forever!

The Girls

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest poochnme

I want to take some time this morning and thank all of you for your posts and special thoughts -- it helps so much at a time like this to feel so hugged and understood. I had a difficult night, but somewhere a sort of peace settled down on me. My Greys, Lexie and Romeo slept extra close to me, as did the all the cats and I talked to each one of them as I held them close to me. I cried a lot -- more then I have in a long time. I am following good advice and holding onto the good memories and the many happy times we shared over all those years. In my memories I will find peace.

On a side note -- Herhsey at one point in her life lived with a friend of mine who was very very depressed. She has asked me one day if Hershey could go visit her - and I loved the stories she told me of their time together. It made me proud that Herhsey was so good for her and helped her with her depression. She was amazed at how good she was in the car and how she sat there like a passenger :)

My Vet was wonderful yesterday. Normally in the past with different vets the tech held my dog -- but this time -- they let me hold her as she passed. It was an odd feeling but one that will stay wiht me forever. Very peaceful and yet when I knew she had gone it was not a feeling of dread but instead one of peace and total love.

:bighug

Cathy -- mom of Lexie & Romeo

Guest SweetAbby

How fortunate you and Hershey shared such a gift of life and love. Althought you know you made the right decision letting go of the "ones" that have been a large part of our lives is never easy. Bless you...cherish the memories!

Guest poochnme

I keep trying to remember all the happy times. I feel bad when I think if the times I might have been in a bad mod or was depressed and sick with lyme disease and just slept for weeks at a time. My whole body hurts when I think of yesterday and I basically slept all day today because I am feeling so beat up.

I hope she know's how wonderful she was --

We even went to obediance training when she was young. Sometimes we would walk around the neighborhood and do our training stuff -- people used to stop and ask me what kind of dog she was.

Thinking back -- she did have a good life. We went camping and hiking together and long walks in the park -- swimming a couple of times -- this past year and a half due to my poor health and shoulder surgeries we spent jsut about 24/7 together and before that being that she came to work with me -- we still spent more time together then most people can spend with their pets. When Sammie the poodle was alive ( she died in my arms last July) and Nellie the chihuahua ( she had to be sent to the bridge the year before Sammie) they all have had a wonderful life I 'think' being the fur kid of a dog groomer they went to work with me everyday -- and were all welcome to visit and sleep over friends houses.

I am trying so hard to think good thoughts today -- but mostly I am sleeping because it is easier to sleep then to be awake thinking.

I so much appreciate all of your posts -- :bighug

Cathy --