Hi, I'm Amber And I Have A Grehound Addiction

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

Originally from Oklahoma, I've moved to Texas, Oregon, Connecticut, and have finally settled in a haunted house in MA. I'm not sure how I became interested in the retired racers. I picked up a card for a group when I was living in CT. Then I moved to MA, and a month after I got here I googled and sent an em to GH Friends. I went the next Sat to help with a meet and greet and the rest is history. I've been doing the M&G's for almost two years. I didn't have a hound of my own, and wasn't ready yet, so I brought dogs from the kennel each weekend to the events. I LOVED doing this. In March of 2006 my Mom passed away (far too soon and I will never get over the loss). With my Mom gone, I realized I could never move back to Oklahoma, and I took my inhiertance and bought a wonderful old home in Worcester. I had been living in my new home for a month, when Sandy told me to bring Soul for the M&G. I was working it alone this time, and Soul was very patient while I tried to haul him and the supplies into Petco. He had just been returned from a home due to SA. He was so skinny, 65lbs on a very long and tall boy. Well, I had been considering fostering, so when then kennel was full and I had to take Soul home for the night, I just decided he would be my first foster. I wanted to foster for awhile, because I know how important it is. Little did I know what a weenie I was, and I failed within two weeks. Yes, I'm a foster flunkie. I took all of the precautions for his SA, but he has not shown an iota of it since he arrived here. I like to think that perhaps my Mom is keeping him company. Now Soul is a wonderful, happy, 82lb greyhound and a beloved member of our family. I don't think we pick our hounds, they pick us!

edited to add-I recently joined greytalk b/c of the lost hound, Pharaoh. another all nighter planned for tonight, wish us luck!

Edited by SoulsMom

Guest bowiebears

Welcome!

That is such a great story (well, aside from the loss of your MOM of course)...

I too believe our hounds often pick us...we've had 4 so far, and they all seem to have arrived with th attitude that "you're my dad, and I'm here to stay."

Congrats on Soul, and to Soul!

--Isaac

Guest gretzky

Amber failed to mention that in addition to her M & G efforts she is also a devoted member of Team Pharaoh on the Amber Alert thread in Worcester. She is one of the locals that has worked day in and day out trying to bring this boy home.

Welcome and way to go! Keep your spirits up and good luck tonight. :clover:goodluck

Edited by gretzky

Guest IrskasMom

Amber , I just want to say Hello :wave and Welcome you to GreyTalk. Lots of nice People and very

helpful . Squeeze Soul for me .....would you please .

:gh_run2:gh_runner:gh_run2:gh_runner:gh_run2

Hi Amber and Soul! I LOVE hearing stories like that, where a dog who is maybe bounced around a bit, just doesn't settle in anywhere ... UNTIL s/he finds the right home. Boom. No more problems! :D:wub: That's a happy ending for ya! :D

Welcome to GT. Now, where are the PICTURES?? :lol

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest SoulsMom

Thanks everyone! And thanks gretzky for good luck vibes for tonight. Like Donna, I decided to explore more of GT and decided it was time to introduce myself. Xan, I'm learning from this board that not only was Soul bounced from a home, but had also been in foster care twice. He stopped racing in Dec 2005, came to GH Friends in Jan 2006, and his final home November 2006. He's such a big sweet lug, I can't believe he had not found forever home yet . . . .

Now, off for a nap before the stakeout tonight. Pretty easy work, the biggest thing is trying to avoid the skunks :blink:

Oh, how do I edit the topic title? Would everyone forgive me for misspelling "greyhound"? I was a bit sleepy when I typed the post . . . . . .

Guest greymom1997
Thanks everyone! And thanks gretzky for good luck vibes for tonight. Like Donna, I decided to explore more of GT and decided it was time to introduce myself. Xan, I'm learning from this board that not only was Soul bounced from a home, but had also been in foster care twice. He stopped racing in Dec 2005, came to GH Friends in Jan 2006, and his final home November 2006. He's such a big sweet lug, I can't believe he had not found forever home yet . . . .

Now, off for a nap before the stakeout tonight. Pretty easy work, the biggest thing is trying to avoid the skunks :blink:

Oh, how do I edit the topic title? Would everyone forgive me for misspelling "greyhound"? I was a bit sleepy when I typed the post . . . . . .

Greyhounds have been a blessing in my life and now have they not only brought me the best kind of love out there... greytlove... but I have found a really special friend in Amber... A fellow greyaholic... I know we'll be friends a long time.... plus, I love to get Soul all riled up when I come over... and Phillie

needs to teach him some more about "talking" and being a general pest....

Yes, the overnight stakeout... it would be a hoot if someone got sprayed by a skunk... we need some humor right about now with this guy... I was hoping to rest a little before heading out, but Amber I'm hoping you and Anne-Marie will keep me well entertained.. a little song and dance...

Donna B

Edited by greymom1997

:welcome Welcome from So Cal!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest LindsaySF

Welcome!

Was Soul's picture on the GH Friends site for a while? I think he had an injured tail too? If it is the dog I am thinking of, I am so happy he has a home!! :D I admired him on the site for weeks when I was looking for a Grey. :)

Guest SoulsMom
Welcome!

Was Soul's picture on the GH Friends site for a while? I think he had an injured tail too? If it is the dog I am thinking of, I am so happy he has a home!! :D I admired him on the site for weeks when I was looking for a Grey. :)

Yup, that's him! My half tail, bare butt boy!

Guest LindsaySF

Yay!! :D His sad little face touched me. Do you have any recent pics? :)

Guest SoulsMom

Yay!! :D His sad little face touched me. Do you have any recent pics? :)

I do! He was best man/ring bearer at our mini wedding this year. I'll post some later tonight . . . . .He is the sweetest boy, he knows no stranger and everyone is free game for sloppy kisses!