Sick Puppy Really Needs Good Thoughts

I haven't offically intorduced our newest addition, Bear, but I will as soon as he's home and feeling better. But right now he needs lots of good wishes. He came home Saturday. Monday Suzy came down with a tummy bug with vomiting and diarrhea. Took her to the vet and they gave her fluids and anti nausia meds. Tuesday Lincoln started but he only had the diarrhea. They are both on the mend. This morning around 4 am Bear started vomiting and had soft poops. I called our vet at 7 and made an appointment to take him in at 9:20. By then he had watery diarrhea and was still vomiting. He was just laying on his bed and at the vets wanted me to hold him. The vet kept him and is doing blood test to rule out anything else but is pretty sure it's the same bug that hit the other 2. It just hit Bear REALLY hard because he's only 13.6 lbs and 10 weeks old. He also doesn't have the immunity that the other dogs have built up. They are giving him fluids and have him in ICU where they can keep a close eye on him. They will keep him until the diarrhea is under control since that can dehydrate him fast at his size and age. So please send lots of prayers for our little Bear that he's back home being a little land shark soon. :weep

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

Oh Crap! Trish you guys have our prayers. Bear is absolutely adorable and much too young and little to have to deal with this.

Fight Bear you have so much fun ahead of you.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

You got em!

:hope :hope

I hope little Bear is home soon!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Oh no. Poor Bear. I hope he is feeling better real soon and is able to come home.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Just talked to the vet and Bear is acting more puppy like. When someone walks by he lifts his head and whines and he's tried to take his IV out. :shakefinger Most of his blood work came back normal. White Blood Count is borderline high so they are sending it out to the lab to get a better read on the test then they can get in-house. They are going to start him on some Flygal just in case and he's had pepcid and reglyn to settle his little tummy. They are going to try to feed him a little bland canned food tonight. If he's doing ok he can come home tomorrow or at the latest Friday. I'm so relieved that the little guy is doing better. I was in tears when I left him. He looked so weak this morning.

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

Adding prayers for Bear. I saw his picture on GAA. He's beautiful! Hope he's home with you very soon.

:hope:hope:hope

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Winterwish

Please get well soon little Bear. :kiss2:dogcookie

It definitely is scarey when they get so sick,but no wonder you were so upset. You've sure had your hands full! :bighug I hope all your pups are feeling much better and the your baby Bear will be back home soon.

Guest greybookends

Lots of prayers coming oyr way :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Here's hoping your little shark is home chewing your shoes soon!! :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

He is such a little beauty Trish. Tom seems like the proud new Dad that he is when he talks about Bear. Glad to hear he is feeling a little better. Hope he can come home soon. Glad the other pups are feeling better too.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

What a nasty start to such a happy occasion! Hurry home well Bear.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren