Keena Has A Nasty Boo Boo..

Guest tammymacb

Guest tammymacb

According to my son, she was running in the yard and started yelping. She came in with an ugly puncture in her shoulder. Well, noone told me about it until I got home from work. It's not bleeding and there it's not huge. ( AND it's too late to stitch at this point ) So, I'm watching it, and keeping it clean. I gave her some asa for pain and she seems to be fine. I'm off till Friday and if there is any change in her condition before then, she'll be off to the vet. My poor girl is gonna have an ugly scar..

It was healing well, and last night she just had to mess with it, :blink: started scratching it and tore it wide open. She now has a huge hole in her shoulder. I cleaned it- ( she's already on antibiotics ) and put a t shirt on her to keep her away from the hole. We're going to the vet when he opens.

Edited by tammymacb

Guest LynnM

Join the club (see my post in EEG). Louis looks like a redneck walking wounded huntin' dawg with his bendy leg and holes on his left side. Right now the poor guy is like some of the lesser examples of 1960's muscle cars: huge engine but crummy steering and not enough brakes! And, like a lot of said cars, he's spent way too much time in the shop!

Lynn

Guest luvmygreys

Good Luck with Keena...Mojoe is just healing from a puncture wound to his rt shoulder area. It could have used a stitch, but our vet wants to knock them out and I don't agree so...He wore an e collar for 2 weeks and I kept a topical antibiotic on the area. It's now healed a nice pink color. I's about an inch long. He wanted to lick it all the time, hence the need for the collar. It might have healed quicker with the stitch, but I didn't want to risk the anesthesia with him.

Guest KennelMom

Poor babe...you know, a new collar or three would probably help divert eyes from any little ol' scar* :P

*In our house we call scars "proof of life experience" ;)

Edited by KennelMom

OH ouch! That sucks that she pulled it open wider.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well :)

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest tammymacb

Keena was seen by the vet first thing this morning. Poor girl was a mess..They took her right back for surgery. Dr Patrick says she'll be fine but that the wound is so deep and big now he worries about infection. She was so nervious when they took her...I'm on pins and needles waiting for an update..

Guest greytexplorer

Gosh, I hate to be so graphic about this very serious wound, but.......would you describe for me what the wound looked like just prior to surgery? I'm a newbie, and this information could be helpful to me in future.

Many thanks, and well-wishes to your sweet baby.

Please post an update soon.

Fingers crossed that she comes through just fine!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest kbone

Are they putting staples in? Same thing happened to Jack not that long ago. He was so doped up when he came out of surgery. Give her a big hug!

I hope she did ok in her surgery, I am just now seeing this but lots of good thoughts are coming your way!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC