Introducing Myself (and My Hound!)

Guest CWFoster

Guest CWFoster

Hello!

My name is Shannon. My partner and I began fostering greys in March for a local rescue group. We fell in love with our latest foster and though we knew we'd adopt at some point, we had no idea it would be so soon!

Our greyhound "officially" became ours on Friday, May 18. Her racing name is Showoff China. Given that she doesn't respond to China, we'd like to rename her. We still haven't chosen a name because we can't commit to anything (dog help us when we have kids...) so, for now, she is known as "Dog." She's a lovely white and black female, rather small (58 lbs) and as sweet as can be.

DSC00927.jpg

I look forward to being a part of this community!

What a beautiful happy puppy she looks like! Enjoy her and I hope she gets a name soon. She deserves a pretty girl name with that pretty girl face!

Best of luck.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Chynagirl

What a pretty girl she is :wub:

Nothing wrong with "China" :lol

I wasn't crazy about it myself but my DH would not be swayed because it was our anniversary and China was the symbol for 20 years. He said I could call her whatever I wanted but that he was going to call her China (kinda sweet, thank goodness it wasn't our first anniversary = Paper). I changed it to a "Y" just to make it different.

Forgot to add: WELCOME! :wave

Edited by Chynagirl

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Welcome. I don't think I could call any of my 4 dog, what do you call her when you are talking to her?

She is stunning :wub:

:welcome2 Hi and welcome!! You have a very pretty girlie!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Redpack

China is a pretty name! She can learn to respond to it...remember, she isn't used to being called anything! Don't let her get used to "Dog" or you will be stuck with it. If Emissary and Diplomat can learn they're names, she can too! Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Snowy8

Welcome to Greytalk, I like the name China...I'd keep calling her that. She looks so delicate, like china...Maybe spell it Chyna too...he he he

Guest wolfieskitten

SHe's absolutely gorgeous! What about Cookie? SHe looks like she has some black spots in there heeheehee. Guess I'm biased as I used to have a black and white terrier mix named Cookie since she reminded me of an Oreo.