Winslow's Diary

June 10, 2007

Things here were good.. All of Winslow's lab work came back.. Everything is good. The vet said a bit of a low thyroid, but after discussion of Greyhound thyroids and since he has absolutely no symptoms, we all decided it was just normal for Winslow. As Dr. Couto put it, when I asked him about Winslow's thyroid levels.. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Good advice.

So, his 1 month oncology exam is all good!!!!

Winslow had another swimming lesson today. It's exciting to watch him getting stronger every time. He has been swimming laps and now understands how to turn around in the water and go back the other way. He's now up to 3 laps before resting between. It just keeps getting easier for him. He has no hesitation going into the water any more. He loves it. Now I just have to say "Turn" and he does it. He's very proud of himself! I'm beginning to see more of the "old Winslow" returning-- confident, fit and really happy. Instead of being tired because he's sick, now, he's tired from his workout.

Glynis

Winslowswim2.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winslow :wub:

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

June 19, 2007

Hi Diane,

Busy busy. First, the swim:

Saturday's swim went very well. Winslow showed me that he would turn for Roger, but didn't feel the need to turn for me. Ok, so we turned some, didn't turn some. Whatever makes him happy. As I told Roger, we aren't exactly training for the olympic 3 legged greyhound swim team. So, we all had a good laugh and Winslow did it his way. He came home and slept most of the weekend. He has another swim tomorrow.

Now that Winslow gets the idea of swimmng, he's getting more out of it so I am cutting his swim to once a week. He's losing a little weight from all the exercise so I have increased his food by adding an egg yolk per day, 2 sardines per meal and an additional 1/2 can of food per day. Winslow is in heaven! He isn't under weight, but I would like to see him stop losing and perhaps gain 1-2 lbs. There is a scale at the pool so I can keep up with this. The weight thing is a very fine line. Not too heavy- it's hard enough getting around on 3 legs, yet not too thin because if he were to get sick, I'm afraid he would have complications and deteriorate quickly.

Everything is a balance.

We are still fighting the heat. AC or not, this boy doesn't like summer. He spent previous summers on the kitchen floor. He can't do that this year because he can't get up. So, he's on the bed, AC AND fan going like crazy. My electric bill is through the roof and I'm sitting here in a jacket so his majesty is comfortable. He's back on the night shift for walks. If I didn't know better I would think something is wrong with him, but I know him and this is the same as previous years. Anything over 72 degrees and he's hot.

I think thats why he has taken to swimming. It's cool and he gets some exercise without getting hot. He's from New Hampshire. Loves the cold. No possibility of us retiring to the southwest.

It's a good thing I don't bake the biscuits. There would be absolute mutiny if I turned on the oven in this house before November.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 2 weeks later...

June 26 & 27, 2007

Yesterday was a hot one! Winslow still hates that mat. Hates the neck cooler too. The only thing he wants is ice in a bowl and, of course, his beloved fan (fondly referred to as "Fannie"). He licks the ice for a few minutes and that seems to help more than anything.

I have tried a wet towel and misting him with water. He doesn't want any of it.

So, he gets ice and the fan.. I just try things until he says it's helping. All of this because the house got up to 77 yesterday.

You know, I'm from Arizona. I freeze every summer because Mr. Menopause over here thinks it's hot.

Today is better. He's not hot, and because he's going swimming today, he won't get hot. His swimming lesson is at 11:00. Right now, he's on the bed, Fannie is going full blast and he's happy.

I'm hoping his weight has stabilized. I'll weigh him today. I've been feeding him more food and have added 1egg, 2sardines, and 1/4c. whole yogurt (not at the same time). He loves the extras. He doesn't look like he's gaining, but I just want him to stabilize and find that balance.

Next Tuesday is his oncology check up with chest xray. He's not having any symptoms or problems, but you know, I'm still really nervous.

Glynis

Good news! He gained .8 lbs in 1 week. That's about the same rate that he was losing it. More food and dropping the swimming to once a week seems to be the answer. I think maybe I just gave him too much swimming to start. I'll watch the weight and see about swimming more later. He had a good swim today. Now, sleeping for the rest of the day.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Winslow had his 6 month check up on July 3. All his bloodwork looks good except that thyroid level. It's a bit lower this time than last time so this time we are going for the whole panel on Tues. He has no symptoms of hypothyroidism, in fact, he's the opposite of the symptoms, but we are going to get to the bottom of this and make sure he's ok. All of the other blood and urine tests were perfect!

NOW FOR THE BIG NEWS! WINSLOW'S LUNGS ARE CLEAR!!! Very exciting. We are relieved and very happy. The oncologist probably needs a hearing aid after speaking to me this morning. I'm sure all the screaming destroyed his hearing.

We are so happy!! There is nothing that would indicate any other problems. I asked about the heat thing and after all the tests, the vet says Winslow is hot because he's hot. That's all. Aside from the thyroid thing, he's a dog in perfect health.

We went swimming today and his weight is holding steady. No loss, no gain. I'm still trying to get him to gain a pound or two. His appetite is good and since he's swimming only once a week, that should be easy enough. He's going into the pool without coaxing now. I think he really does like to swim!

Looking back, the last six months have been very difficult, yet some of the most rewarding times of our lives. We have been living every moment and doing everything we can with him. He's happy and healthy and we aren't taking any of this time for granted. Winslow has a lot of friends and he has given us all so much. I am just so grateful that he is doing well. All of the decisions we made about the amputation and chemo were the right ones. I would not have given up this time with him for anything.

We will be celebrating tonight with yogurt and boiled chicken.

Tomorrow some friends are coming over to paint. We take turns painting at each other's houses. Winslow loves having them over. He is quite the art critic and watches me paint a lot.

Insistent on being in the middle, easels will be set up around his kitchen dog bed. He will watch us paint, and give us periodic inspections. I will have to send a photo of the Winslow critique- Last month at the vet, they were asking about the interesting color on his neck. One of the painters (probably me) had apparently given him some scritchies in blue. It's not uncommon to see an odd color on his white parts. The others don't mind him being in the center of the room. They all bring treats and toys, so he loves painting day with them.

I'm happy and relieved. Winslow is sleeping and couldn't care less.

Glynis

"Shhhh! Can't you see she's working?"

DSCF0012.jpg

"I have to check her brushes."

DSCF0013.jpg

"Hmmm, what color is that?"

DSCF0015.jpg

"Nice Job!"

DSCF0016.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Aw, Winslow :wub:

What fantastic news that his lungs are still clear! Amazing!

Edited by turbotaina

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

:yay:yay Great news! I feel like I'm following Winslow's journey step by step. He's such a cutie, helping with the painting.
Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest paulamariez

I'm sitting here crying as I'm reading Winslow's story. He's such a pretty boy too! And he's even more handsome since he lost his leg, I think! What a strong boy. I hope he is continuing to improve each and every day and I will keep Winslow in my thoughts and prayers.

July 9, 2007

Winslow has done some of his own paintings in the past, but has not been doing any since he got sick. He has his own painting set up. Perhaps this week I can get it out and make a photo of Winslow, the artist. He actually likes it. I think he can do it laying down. Let me work on it awhile and I'll send you some photos.

We hope you are having a wonderful reunion.

Glynis

Glynis:

Do you think Winslow would do a painting for the Greyhound Angel Network auction to be held in October?

Diane

I am attaching photos of Winslow painting that I took today. Also photos of 3 of his paintings. He didn't seem to have as much fun with it today, but I think it's because he's just hot or tired. He's had a busy day. Moody artists! Maybe he's given it up? Should I buy him a camera? Maybe he wants to take up photography.

We'll do it again when the weather is cooler, but you get the idea.

I know he would love to do a painting for the auction- better look at them first to be sure you like his style.

Glynis.

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

July 10, 2007

Hi Diane,

Here we go. You know somebody is going to ask about Winslow's career as a painter, so here's the story:

I paint. Winslow has been interested in it since the beginning. He spent time in my studio, watching... always watching. Sometimes, he got a little too curious and stuck his nose where he shouldn't have. If I didn't catch it right away, it could be quite a mess. Once, he stuck his nose in the Alizirin Crimson and then rubbed it on his white bottom. I thought he was injured. Scared the heck out of me. Another time it was the blue.. Regardless, it's not really good for him to stick his nose in oil paint. So, I thought since he liked it, I would give him the chance to express himself more safely on someplace besides the furniture or his own fur.

He uses non toxic acrylic paint and wears a muzzle with a sponge attached to the front.

Call me crazy, but I think he gets it and I think he knows that he's doing what I do. I also think he believes he's better at it than I am. He's probably not alone in that assesment.

Glynis

www.glynisberger.com new art 6/07!

www.de-yong.com

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I cannot put into words how much I love, love, Love how much these people love their boy!! Winslow and his humans are an inspiration. I look forward to reading more about Winslow's adventures! Keep up this good check-ups, big guy!! :beatheart :beatheart

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

July 9, 2007

Also, Winslow has a new routine for the toys. He is currently removing one leg from the stuffed animals. He's never been destructive. Never torn them up. Now, it's just one leg. We have a tripod lambie and a tripod elephant. What do you suppose he's thinking? (We have a one eyed pig, but I don't think that was his fault). He has a lot of animals. I want to see if it's a trend.

This is one for an animal communicator. Don't you agree?

Glad you're home.

Back to the madness.

Glynis

DSCF0034.jpg

July 11, 2007

Good Morning Diane,

Today, we swim.

I'm taking my camera. IF Roger is available, one of us will make a movie of Winslow swimming. IF that happens, I'll try to get it onto youtube. IF I manage to do that, you may have a movie for Winslow's thread. IF I manage to figure it out, it could be fun, or a worthless DUD. But, I think it's worth a try.

IF it doesn't work for you, Craig will enjoy it. He's in NY this week and homesick for his boy.

He calls a couple of times a day to either ask about him or speak to him. Before Winslow, he didn't call very often. It's obvious that Winslow enjoys the phone calls. He snots all over the phone. Craig has always called, even before Winslow got sick.

If I wasn't the same way about the boy, I might be jealous, but I think it's great. He's just as much in love as I am. That's a good thing, especially now.

When we got Winslow, Craig was in NY all week and home on weekends. I took care of Winslow during the week and then Craig took over totally when he got home so Winslow wouldn't get too attached to just me. It worked.

Now, Craig works from home and when he goes away, we have one day of depression. Winslow has to go down to the office and sniff Craig's chair. He whines at it for a minute and I tell him it's ok. Then he's fine. When I go away, nothing. I think they drink beer and watch football. He doesn't miss me. When I call, he doesn't even show any interest. Go figure.

When we went to the regular vet she asked about how Craig was with Winslow's illness. I told her he was devastated but handling it well now. He's been as much a part of the recovery as I have. She said it's amazing the number of spouses that don't want to pay for treatments. She says it causes a lot of problems when a pet is sick because one or the other doesn't want to deal with it. I can see that, I guess, but to us that would be grounds for divorce. It would be horrible.

The only time we have disagreed on something for Winslow is when I wanted to buy him a vet scale. Craig said that I could weigh him every week at the pool and obsessing probably wasn't a good idea. Ok, he knows me. No scale. On the other hand, this is a guy that didn't even flinch at the king size bed in the dining room, so we can all sleep together. Yep, he's a keeper.

I'll let you know about the video later today.

Glynis

We are back home after a good swim and shower. The videos were harder than I expected. Winslow is used to having me go with him. He couldn't figure out why I was still behind him, but he went anyway. The quality isn't that good, but here they are.

Turn down your volume- I get a little excited. The second one is better.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest MomofCash
July 9, 2007

Also, Winslow has a new routine for the toys. He is currently removing one leg from the stuffed animals. He's never been destructive. Never torn them up. Now, it's just one leg. We have a tripod lambie and a tripod elephant. What do you suppose he's thinking? (We have a one eyed pig, but I don't think that was his fault). He has a lot of animals. I want to see if it's a trend.

This is one for an animal communicator. Don't you agree?

Glad you're home.

Back to the madness.

Glynis

DSCF0034.jpg

July 11, 2007

Good Morning Diane,

Today, we swim.

I'm taking my camera. IF Roger is available, one of us will make a movie of Winslow swimming. IF that happens, I'll try to get it onto youtube. IF I manage to do that, you may have a movie for Winslow's thread. IF I manage to figure it out, it could be fun, or a worthless DUD. But, I think it's worth a try.

IF it doesn't work for you, Craig will enjoy it. He's in NY this week and homesick for his boy.

He calls a couple of times a day to either ask about him or speak to him. Before Winslow, he didn't call very often. It's obvious that Winslow enjoys the phone calls. He snots all over the phone. Craig has always called, even before Winslow got sick.

If I wasn't the same way about the boy, I might be jealous, but I think it's great. He's just as much in love as I am. That's a good thing, especially now.

When we got Winslow, Craig was in NY all week and home on weekends. I took care of Winslow during the week and then Craig took over totally when he got home so Winslow wouldn't get too attached to just me. It worked.

Now, Craig works from home and when he goes away, we have one day of depression. Winslow has to go down to the office and sniff Craig's chair. He whines at it for a minute and I tell him it's ok. Then he's fine. When I go away, nothing. I think they drink beer and watch football. He doesn't miss me. When I call, he doesn't even show any interest. Go figure.

When we went to the regular vet she asked about how Craig was with Winslow's illness. I told her he was devastated but handling it well now. He's been as much a part of the recovery as I have. She said it's amazing the number of spouses that don't want to pay for treatments. She says it causes a lot of problems when a pet is sick because one or the other doesn't want to deal with it. I can see that, I guess, but to us that would be grounds for divorce. It would be horrible.

The only time we have disagreed on something for Winslow is when I wanted to buy him a vet scale. Craig said that I could weigh him every week at the pool and obsessing probably wasn't a good idea. Ok, he knows me. No scale. On the other hand, this is a guy that didn't even flinch at the king size bed in the dining room, so we can all sleep together. Yep, he's a keeper.

I'll let you know about the video later today.

Glynis

We are back home after a good swim and shower. The videos were harder than I expected. Winslow is used to having me go with him. He couldn't figure out why I was still behind him, but he went anyway. The quality isn't that good, but here they are.

Turn down your volume- I get a little excited. The second one is better.

That made me cry .... :blush

Winslow seems like such a love and the love for him, well .... I just can't put how I feel into words. I've so enjoyed reading this.

July 12, 2007

Glynis,

How long do the swimming sessions last?

Diane

The swim session is about 30 minutes. He gets a couple of breaks and a potty break in the middle. He gets enough swimming in that time. Then a shower afterward.

Here are some photos of Winslow, watching himself swim on the computer. Of course he wanted to see the video!

Winslowvideo2-1.jpg

Winslowvideo-1.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

This is the first time I've actually had time to read everything in Winslow's diary...i can tell you I'll be tuning in whenever something new is added from now on. What an inspirational and heartwarming story. I had tears in my eyes watching his swimming videos. I can only hope and pray that if osteo ever strikes against any of my babies that I will have the strength to give them what they need as Glynis and Craig have for Winslow.

He is so HANDSOME! :wub: (I am a sucker for white & brindle ;))

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 2 weeks later...

July 25, 2007

Hi Diane,

I'm not sure if I gave you the update on Winslow's complete thyroid panel,

but it was normal. I'm glad we didn't get too excited and start

medication. The vet said everything else is normal and he's not having

symptoms so they don't know why this particular test is low, but nobody is

worried about it any more.

Winslow has gained one pound this week, so he's regained most of the weight

he lost at the beginning of the summer. I want him to gain only one more

pound and I will be very happy with his weight. Not too skinny, but still

light enough that he's not carrying an extra load up and down the stairs.

His race weight was 78. When he got sick, it was 83. It dropped during and

right after the chemo to 71. Without the leg, 75 seems to be a good weight

for him. He gets around easily but doesn't look too thin. Right now, he's

at 74. I don't want him too heavy because he gets hot during the summer and

extra weight can't be good for that.

Winslow has a #3 heart murmur so extra weight isn't good. He had two heart

ultrasounds during the chemo and the cardiologist said that swimming would

be excellent for his heart. My regular vet said give him co-enzyme q10,

which we started after the chemo (it's antioxidant and should not be given

during chemo).

SOUND THE HORNS! Winslow swam his usual 2 single laps and today HE SWAM 10

DOUBLE LAPS! He was happy to do it and did all the turns perfectly on

command! It's about the only thing he does on command. He knows "stay" and

now "turn". The rest is just conversation, which he understands perfectly

and then does whatever he pleases. Oh well.

It's still hot here, but Winslow isn't as hot as he was. I think the chemo

is finally getting out of his system, but he's still doing the night

shift. He's still sleeping ON me as well. This boy would have growled and

snapped at me for sleeping like this before he got sick. As soon as he

came home from the hospital, he started doing this. You would think with

his heat issues, he wouldn't want to be so close. But no. If I dare to

sleep on the sofa, he gets up and puts his nose right in my face and whines!

Overall, I continue to see improvement in Winslow's attitude, behavior,

playfulness and self confidence. Although some of his old habits have

changed a bit, he's pretty much back to his old self.

His next oncology check up is in OCTOBER!! Hooray!

Glynis

Winslowsleep.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest lizjaye

I just love these posts. I laughed, I cried, each message is wonderful. The thought of winslow wi/a sponge making a painting is priceless! I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Winslow has agreed to donate a painting for the Greyhound Angel Network in October :D

Winslow is swimming still once a week and going for walks -- doing well! The following is such a good idea for toys and a reminder of how well they train us :)

I'm off next Saturday for my annual painting workshop. Winslow will be running the show here and taking care of Craig. In January, I didn't think I would be able to do this trip. It's the first time I've been away from Winslow for more than a few hours since he got sick. He's doing so well that I don't have a problem with it. I need the time away, just to recharge a bit. I'm sure he'll take good care of Craig and be more spoiled than he is now when I get back.

Speaking of SPOILAGE: When Winslow got sick, everyone who visited brought toys or treats. Now, any time anyone comes to the door, they are expected to have a toy. Winslow does not give up until they give him something. He loves unwrapping packages, so it has to be wrapped or in a paper bag.

He has so many stuffies that we recycle. I've told everyone to stop bringing toys because we have hundreds. Now, I wash them and keep them in a bag downstairs. Whenever anyone is coming over, I put one in a paper bag and put it on the porch. Everyone is happy. Especially Winslow.

The other bad habit he has developed is purses and pockets. My friend Cheryll brings Jumbo Greenies in her purse. She allows Winslow to go in and get them. Oh boy, NOW look what we've done!

I do have other friends who don't appreciate their personal items being rooted through by a big drippy nose. They feel a little wierd about reaching into the purse and pulling up something covered with slobbery goo. Can you believe that I actually have friends that DON'T LOVE DOG SNOT? Those purses are immediately hidden in the closet.

Not to be outdone, one of my other friends has decided that Winslow can get a treat out of her pocket. Oh,yes, he can do it. Now, she HAS to bring treats because he searches her pockets incessantly whenever she comes over. He's very adamant about it, nearly knocking her down. So far he doesn't do it to anyone else, but I'm sure that's next.

I don't think I'll be taking Winslow back to NYC. He'll be snatching purses and picking pockets! I'll be IN JAIL!

Did someone say obedience training? Looks like he's done a pretty good job. He has all of us trained to do exactly what he wants!

So, I'll go off to paint, undisrupted for a week. I'll try not to worry about Craig and Winslow. I'll call every day but I'll have a good time and learn so much. When I come home, I'm sure Winslow will have arranged other hoops for me to jump through and he will have taught Craig another stupid human trick or two. He will get great pleasure from seeing how smart his people are that he can teach us these things. All will be normal.

Glynis

winslowtoys.jpg

I had to laugh when I received the following from Glynis:

July 29, 2007

You know, Diane, when I read some of the things I have written to you, it probably sounds like I'm really nuts. Or a liar. But, I'm neither. Looking back on things, there was a time that we were somewhat normal. Those were the days before Winslow.

He's always been spoiled. Since he's the only dog, we have always done things to keep his mind active and keep him entertained. Until he got sick, we took him for long walks in parks and to other cities so he could see some of the country. We went any place that would let him in. When we were home and Winslow seemed bored we did other stuff. We bought toys that require thought and he started painting. He was happy and got very communicative. Although he slept quite a bit, he seemed to be active enough. We fenced the backyard and he ran laps. We took him to dog parks and fun runs.

After Winslow got sick, everything revolved around getting well. Helping him adapt, figuring out what was best for him. Adjusting every single thing in our lives so that he could go back to being happy, healthy and full of life. We all had to learn a different way of doing things. We go for rides in the car instead of long walks. He swims instead of running. We sleep in the dining room. Winslow still paints and we still go on trips. We just have to think about things more carefully. In learning these things, new habits developed. His and ours. Some are quirky and strange, but they are humorous and harmless as well. The best thing about the changes is the requirement of a stress free environment. We were told by the vet when Winslow first got sick that he was to have NO stress. There is no stress here.

Our house isn't normal, I admit. But it's a good loving home and everyone knows it. Our friends have rallied around us and Winslow. People who come to visit have no problem reclining on the king sized bed in our dining room and spending some face time with him. Our neighbor brought her new boyfriend over to meet us yesterday. The first thing I knew, there he was, stretched out with Winslow. We think he's a good guy. Another of our friends asked for a key to our house because he came by when we weren't home and Winslow just stood at the window staring at him. If he could have come in, he would have spent some time. Of course, we gave him a key. He's one of Winslow's favorite humans.

We may seem really strange, in print. But we're really pretty average. People don't shy away from us or regard us as the neighborhood wierdos. Most of them have seen Winslow's paintings and they all know the ropes with the toy on the front porch. They visit more now than they ever did before. I think they like the stress free environment, too. It may be different here, but hey, different is good.

When you come to visit, you will see how really average we are. The furniture is kind of mixed up, the decor is a mess and there's always a paper bag on the porch. A bit odd, well maybe, but we're friendly and it's stress free.

Glynis

I replied: "no, you sound perfectly normal to me!" Of course, this comes from me who has slept on the couch for years so I can get the seniors out the back door in the middle of the night when they have to go....... :rolleyes: But, I know a bunch of nutty greyhound owners....many who have made lots of sacrafices for their "kids" and have done things that Winslow's owners have done and suffered scorn from family and friends -- some may even be reading this :D Glynis puts into words so well what many of us feel and have experienced. I am grateful she has allowed me to share.....

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Hi Winslow, this is Queen Winnie's Mom. I just wanted to share with your many fans, the sweetest note I got from your Mom. When I posted on Circle of Grey a few weeks ago that Winnie just celebrated the 3 year anniversary of her amputation, your Mom told me that Winnie had been an inspiration after your diagnosis, and throughout your treatment. I can't tell you how great that made me feel to know that Winnie's grace and courage had brought hope and comfort to another family when they were dealing with the Monster. Yes, Winnie has made it 3 years after her osteo diagnosis, and we just came back from Grapehounds, where we had a wonderful time. I had bid on your Mom's exquisite painting Oatlands, but while we were away, the auction closed. I know Hope For Hounds is going to be sending a lot of money to Dr. Couto. At Grapehounds, Winnie got to meet Janet, who does all that wonderful work. She made Winnie a beautiful necklace of pearls and pink stones, and took her picture. What an honor it was to meet her, and Winnie will wear her necklace proudly. We hope someday to meet you and your Mom and Miss Diane, to thank them for being an inspiration to so many others.

Nancy

P.S. Winnie does paintings too! But she does them with her front paw. She used to paint more, but since the amputation, she's decided she's not so enamoured of the creative process! But she will paint little paintings for a good cause. Like Winslow, she'd like to help raise money so other Greyhounds can live longer, healthier lives.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

July 12, 2007

Here are some photos of Winslow, watching himself swim on the computer. Of course he wanted to see the video!

Winslowvideo2-1.jpg

Winslowvideo-1.jpg

I love these photos! The second one didn't show up until I scrolled down. :lol What a personality. I'm rooting for Winslow and his family. And at least to the people on GT, you are not weird at all -- we understand the depth of your devotion to Winslow. He's a lucky boy. Thanks for sharing!

Edited to add: Is there any way to post a picture of Winslow the artist at work? Or a picture of his work?

Edited by Aerosmom
Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=