Limping In The Summer?

Guest brandi007

Guest brandi007

Well last summer when I first got Sophie we did a lot of walking. Eventually she started limping and not really knowing this board well at all I just chalked it up to too much exercise and maybe a little arthritis. I got her onto some Joint Rejuv with her dinner and it seemed to go away. Well it kinda came back yesterday - this isn't a constant limp it's like maybe a stumble 3-4 times on a walk. I'm just wondering if maybe she's dragging her feet and tripping or something. She's been missing out on her joint rejuv for a little while as she's had kibble and roomies feed her a little bit but I'm just wondering if I should get her into the vet for an X-ray. If it's nothing I'd rather save the money and dump it into the house but if she needs it I'll definitely do it. Seems all I do is spend money on this leg of hers, first it was a snaggled dew claw (250) then a cut pad (85) and then 2 weeks ago I had to put my dear little mouse Qui down (120) so if you guys think it's just the arthritis I'll save myself a hefty vet bill but if you think it could be something else I'll get her in asap.

I just don't know if I'm overreacting :(

Little stumbles may be nothing, but may also be neurological. I'd have a vet check her out, just to be sure there's nothing too serious going on. One test you can do yourself is to place her each of her feet (one at a time, not all at once!) knuckle down on the floor while she is standing. She should immediately right her foot and place it pad-side down. If she doesn't do it, there is likely a neurological problem.

Good luck!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire