Can Caesar Catch A Break?!?!?

Guest KennelMom

Guest KennelMom

**UPDATE**

Caesar is on the way home with Ken. They numbed up his toe and pulled the nail the rest of the way off. I have no idea how he broke it to begin with. Ken said he's already walking much better and they let him bring home the nail (oh joy...we can put that on the shelf next to the canine they extracted from him :puke )

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts! I love our vet, but hopefully we won't see them again for a while! :goodluck

------------

Poor Caesar :( He HATES the vet. Really, really hates it and it seems like he's the only dog who has to go there on a regular basis. Last week he had to go have blood drawn to re-check liver values (came back normal! :D ). We literally got home from the vet and on the way in the door DH said: What's that bump on his leg?

UGH! You have GOT to be kidding me! We watched it for a couple days and then decided we'd both sleep better if it was x-rayed b/c neither of us had noticed it before. So, he went back to the vet a couple days after the blood draw for an x-ray (Came back clear! :D ) The vet just thinks it may be an old racing injury that's become more prominent b/c Caesar is losing muscle/weight.

Now he has a jacked up toe nail. We discussed things w/the vet and decided to try to handle it at home so he wouldn't have to be stressed out going back to the vet. Well, he managed to re-injure it beyond anything we can handle here so he's going back in today at 2:30 to have it fixed up (probably removed).

My poor guy :( He's such a trooper, but geez! Can't he just be healthy for a while?!?!

Edited by KennelMom

Guest TBSFlame
Poor Caesar :( He HATES the vet. Really, really hates it and it seems like he's the only dog who has to go there on a regular basis. Last week he had to go have blood drawn to re-check liver values (came back normal! :D ). We literally got home from the vet and on the way in the door DH said: What's that bump on his leg?

UGH! You have GOT to be kidding me! We watched it for a couple days and then decided we'd both sleep better if it was x-rayed b/c neither of us had noticed it before. So, he went back to the vet a couple days after the blood draw for an x-ray (Came back clear! :D ) The vet just thinks it may be an old racing injury that's become more prominent b/c Caesar is losing muscle/weight.

Now he has a jacked up toe nail. We discussed things w/the vet and decided to try to handle it at home so he wouldn't have to be stressed out going back to the vet. Well, he managed to re-injure it beyond anything we can handle here so he's going back in today at 2:30 to have it fixed up (probably removed).

My poor guy :( He's such a trooper, but geez! Can't he just be healthy for a while?!?!

I know what you mean. Tessie gets so stressed you can hear her toenails clicking on the floor and she is shaking all over. I feel so sorry for her and it can't be good for her at 11 to get that stressed out.

Poor Caesar. Hopefully that was his third bad thing so he can have some good luck for awhile! :bighug

DynamoandElenasignature.jpg

Tamara with Aragorn the crazy cat, Fawkes the OTTB, and always missing Elena (Rapido Elena - Rapido Ebony x Quiet Traveler 9/11/02-11/14/12) and Dynamo (Dotties Dynamo - Gable Dodge x Geez Darla 3/27/2001-7/21/2012). I hope doggie heaven is paved with peanut butter and the bunnies are slow. Run free and happy.

Scritches to Caesar for being such a brave boy. Here's hoping the nail is it for a while!

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest KennelMom
I know what you mean. Tessie gets so stressed you can hear her toenails clicking on the floor and she is shaking all over. I feel so sorry for her and it can't be good for her at 11 to get that stressed out.

I know :( Caesar is 13 and practically vibrates the entire time he's shaking so badly. Nothing works to keep him calm. He just doesn't like it there...but he's had to go regularly for shots for his LS, eye exams for pannus and a dental. When he went in for his dental, they called us to pick him up sooner than they normally would have because he was so stressed out and would not lay down at all. Poor guy :(

Poor guy!

Big hug and scritches for him! It'll be over very quickly, Caesar!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

I am so sorry. I hope Caesar gets a long break soon! My babes are scared to death to go to the vet also...especially the Flashman. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Poor Caesar ( :nod from my scaredy girl). At least all his bloodwork is coming back good. :rolleyes: Good luck with the toenail, brave boy.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest LynnM

Ask your vet to teach you to draw blood. You've got plenty of practice subjects at home (Joplin was my stoic pincushion when I learned a lot of things!). It's much easier on a dog like Caesar if you bring the supplies home (needle, syringe, alcohol soaked cottonball if you don't have it, and collection tube), do the draw, then get in the car and take it to the vet. The blood will need to sit in the tube for a few minutes anyway before it can be can be spun down, so that might as well be the travel time to take it in.

Lynn

Guest KennelMom
Ask your vet to teach you to draw blood. You've got plenty of practice subjects at home (Joplin was my stoic pincushion when I learned a lot of things!). It's much easier on a dog like Caesar if you bring the supplies home (needle, syringe, alcohol soaked cottonball if you don't have it, and collection tube), do the draw, then get in the car and take it to the vet. The blood will need to sit in the tube for a few minutes anyway before it can be can be spun down, so that might as well be the travel time to take it in.

Lynn

I probably should do this. I did some time in human nursing school, so it should be something I can learn to do pretty easily with the our dogs.

Ken just left with Caesar. I can't remember the last time I didn't go to the vet with one of the dogs. Not sure if that makes me a really concerned mommy or a control freak :rolleyes::P

Guest SillyDog

Ok. Mr. Caesar: please don't loose any other parts of yourself again! It's very distressing! Take care of yourself, old man! :baloons

Guest KennelMom
Ok. Mr. Caesar: please don't loose any other parts of yourself again! It's very distressing! Take care of yourself, old man! :baloons

Amen to that! :lol:goodluck