Still Missing You

ShantisMom

Yesterday would have been Kona's homecoming anniversary. She was dumped as a puppy at a Carls Jr. Thought about naming her Happy Star, but could not do that! We would have had her 15 years. DH brought her home to my apartment really late on my 22nd birthday. None of my family was around so my friend and I walked to a Mexican restaurant for margaritas. 3 pitchers later we walked home! Some time after that Scott came in with Kona. I was shocked! I can't have a dog in this apartment (as she peed on my carpet).

We had her 14 1/2 years. She was the best dog ever!!!! She spoke complete sentences. :) I miss her everyday! Although the tears flow less, they are flowing now.

As I type this I am seeing a coincidence...the day I hoped for our last miracle with her, our garage door broke as I backed out to go to the vet's. Yesterday, it broke again. Made me think of her all day. Baby, if this is a sign, could you pick a cheaper one next time? :blush

I miss you baby girl! It is not the same without you. We will see you again someday in the future!

My girl

IM001805.jpg

IM001857.jpg

The Girls

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

I always smile when I look at your siggy and see your angel Kona with her slightly crooked halo :blush

Edited by SkinnyLegDogLover

:grouphug:grouphug I never got the chance to meet Kona, but she sounds like she was a very special girl. She may not be here now, but she will always be with you in your heart.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest argolola

I'm typing through tears as I read your loving tribute to this special angel.

Kona would probably like for you to know how blessed she was to have you as a mom. You gave her a wonderful life, but it sure does hurt when they have to leave.

Here's a side story I feel like sharing with you. A lady at work told me she had not had an animal in over 20 years because it hurts too much when they pass. I agreed that it hurts terribly, but I would not want to give up a lifetime of love and companionship with some precious babies for that reason.

BIG hugs to you. Your GT family is here for you.

I'm typing through tears as I read your loving tribute to this special angel.

Kona would probably like for you to know how blessed she was to have you as a mom. You gave her a wonderful life, but it sure does hurt when they have to leave.

Here's a side story I feel like sharing with you. A lady at work told me she had not had an animal in over 20 years because it hurts too much when they pass. I agreed that it hurts terribly, but I would not want to give up a lifetime of love and companionship with some precious babies for that reason.

BIG hugs to you. Your GT family is here for you.

You are so right! They leave us too soon, that is the only downfall to pets. But I too believe the rest is too good not to have one!

The Girls

:grouphug We never have enough time. Such a beautiful Angel. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest bowiebears

Very touching!

We have so many blessing through our furkids....the pain when they leave is indeed heart-breaking, but the thought of missing the blessings they are is even more awful to contemplate!

Condolences and good thoughts & prayers for you all!

--isaac

Your Kona sounds a lot like my bridge boy, Chester. I think Chester was the best boy to ever set paw upon this earth. What dogs like Kona and Chester lacked in breeding and puppy care, they more than made up for in love, loyalty and laughs. They are the true designer dogs: designed by God to be perfect. :grouphug

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon