Could Have Been A Disaster

Guest dmona

Guest dmona

Our 8 year old grey had to have his tail cropped because of happy tail. Tried for 4 weeks to get it to heal and it just wouldn't. Well, Sunday I was out picking up poop and saw what I thought was a snake skin but it was hooked to poop. Finally got up nerve to pick it up (hand covered with plastic bag of course) and it was a piece of gauze that JoJo had eaten. It was all strung out and really did look like a snake had shed it's skin. I called DH out to look and we are both so thankful that it didn't get wrapped around his insides or something really bad. Has anyone ever had this happen? I have read on here some of the weird things our babies swallow.

When I first got Zim she had some sepration anxiety. Well we were out doing our daily walk when she poop & out came this thin long tan colored thing. I thought "that has to be the longest tapeworm known to mankind". Upon closer inspection it was my knee high nylone :eek:eek I pulled the remiander out very gently & she never new the difference. To this day I laugh out loud when I think about it. She doesn't do things like that any more.

Guest dmona

Thanks, zimsmom, I don't feel so bad now. These two incidents are quite funny but it could have turned out not to be so.

my angel Bailey once peeled the cover off a baseball...I didn't think she'd eaten anything, until I found a long red string in her poop. sometimes we get lucky...thank goodness!

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I've been lucky - the only thing I have found in Spencer's poop is grass because he loves to graze. Now Emmy on the other hand has eaten many a weird thing including children's crayons! Multi-color poop! :lol

Guest Winterwish

wow that's very good to know -and the knee-high! I could see how that could happen! But don't feel like a bad mom,I'm really glad you pointed it out that it could happen.

How is JoJo's tail doing? :dogcookie:dogcookie

For sure! I took LaceyLaine in for blood work and they had taped a gauze bandage on her leg and told me the usual...take it off when you get home...well...got her home and the bandage was not to be found! :rolleyes: I found it the next day in her poo! :lol

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest luvmygreys

Don't feel bad..my 84 year young Mom was babysitting our 2 greys, while my sister and I ran to the store. She was fine watching them until she got a phone call. She was distracted just enough that our sneaky girl Lucy ate a red and white Christmas candle :o When she realized what had happened, she called me in a panic. We were very lucky..Lucy had no problems, but did have a very colorful poop the next day. Gotta love them puppers :wub:

Guest sheila

I don't think that something traveling through the digestive system can get 'wrapped around' anything. It's not like stuff just floats all over the place...it's is passing through tubes. I can see worrying about it getting bunched up and blocking something and I'm glad that didn't happen.

Guest Lala

I used to work at a doggie daycare and one day a German Sheperd girl at playgroup pooped out a condom! :blink: You aren't a bad mom, don't you worry. I'm glad everything came out all right.

Edited by Lala

Guest PhillyPups

Stepper ate my good Victoria Secret purple lace thong, I thought I lost it in a move till he had strange poo. The worst was the pantyhose, he could not get them out or in, I was on the floor pulling them out of his mouth while he was gagging. I just thank GoD I was home at the time, as I could not find my car keys to go to a company picnic when he started gagging.

You are not a bad mom, kids do stuff. :bighug

Thank GoD you just ended up with strange poo. :lol:lol

Guest Shermanator

:blush

I was making pretty rhinestoned flipflops- gluing teeny tiny itty bitty rhinestones on flip flops.

I don't know who, but I found rhinestoned poop the next day.

:blush

grey14me said it best- "sometimes we get lucky - thank goodess!"

Guest greyttech

We pulled a pair of women's thong undies out of golden one time...showed them to the wife when she picked up the dog and it turns out they weren't hers. :o

Guest dmona

Winterwish, thanks for asking about JoJo's tail. It seems to be healing fine, but took him in for removal of stitches today and the dr. said he would like for them to stay in a few more days. I really hated to do this to his tail, but about 4 or 5 weeks ago I came home from visiting my DH in the hospital and the hallway looked like a war zone. Blood everywhere, man that stuff can splatter. It took me about two hours to clean it all up. It just never would heal, thus the cropping.

But, our other child, Eddie, has a place on his leg that I have been trying to get healed for several weeks. Took him to the vet and they said there was no reason for it not to heal, but every time I take off the bandage, he licks it and starts it bleeding again. Does anyone have any suggestions? He has been on an antibiotic which he finished today.

Thanks again for asking about my sweet boy.

Guest Kristensmom

Don't feel bad, - as someone said, kids do things! I found something unexplainable in my baby's poop once too, to this day I still don't know what exactly she shredded..... :)

I used to work at a doggie daycare and one day a German Sheperd girl at playgroup pooped out a condom! :blink: You aren't a bad mom, don't you worry. I'm glad everything came out all right.

:lol:lol I just spit my tea all over my computer. Now that is funny!!!