Throwing Up Water

Guest peggy

Guest peggy

The last few times that I have walked Peggy after work, around six o'clock and its been rather warm, when she comes home and drinks water she throws it back up. I keep her dish only about a quarter full and because she tends to gulp I stand by while she drinks and distract her ever few laps so that she slows down. But she still has thrown it back up. Its just water, but it scares the beejezzus out of me.

We tend to walk about three blocks, and we generally do it at a good clip, either a fast walk for me, or a slow jog for me. She rarely gets above a trot. It has been warm here, in the mid 80s recently. Is it the weather? Is it the exercise in the heat of the day? Is it something more serious?

Thanks!

Edited by peggy

Guest greytmonty

Hi Courtney! Would Peggy drink more slowly if you put a big chunk of ice in her dish that she had to slurp around? Not a cube but a big chunk like the size of a small takeout container.

I used ice when Zuni was throwing up water after drinking. I think it was in one the books. I even used small pieces and after she figured them out, she would chew them. At worst, it could regulate her drinking because she could only drink as fast as the ice melts.

Guest ohgreyt

Had a dog once that would do this on occasion. Probably just drinking too much too fast. Just keep up with smallllll servings of water.