Having A Very Bad Day!

Guest tanner

Guest tanner

The acupuncturist (who is also a vet) said she

most likely needs some meticam sp. now. She is limping very badly today.

Please God don't let my baby hurt.....

I was really feeling like we were going to make it until Christmas, but the Doctor said she didn't think so last night.

I just don't want Lady to leave us.

Please God don't let me be selfish...

This hurts so much.

Thanks for listening,

Deb

I'm so so sorry. There is never enough time, is there? I wish I could say something to make you feel better... Just please know you're not alone. Treasure every minute you can with your sweet girlie. Spoil her rotten. I promise you won't regret that. :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Try tramadol for the pain. You can get it at WalMart and it's not expensive at all. Ivey started on twice a day than moved up to 100mg every 4 hours at the end. If I remember right, you can use both metacam and tramadol (ask the vet)

Keep her out of pain--don't scrimp on the meds.

:grouphug

Sending prayers.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest KennelMom
Try tramadol for the pain. You can get it at WalMart and it's not expensive at all. Ivey started on twice a day than moved up to 100mg every 4 hours at the end. If I remember right, you can use both metacam and tramadol (ask the vet)

Keep her out of pain--don't scrimp on the meds.

Sending prayers.

:nod

:grouphug Sending hugs...I know how hard it is to go through :(

Guest tanner

I called the vet and got tramadol. She is going to take 50 mgs every 8 to 12 hours. Does that sound like it will help?

It should, but you have to experiment. That is what Ivey started on. Try every 12 hours and move to 8 if she shows discomfort. You have to talk with your vet about upping the meds if every 8 hours does not work. I talked to Ivey's vet every time we upped meds. I remember my acupuncture vet saying that tramadol is usually under dosed by most vets (many are not familar with the drug).

I think with Ivey we did 50mg twice a day, then moved to 4 times a day, then went to 100mg alternating with 50, then to every 4 hours. It's not an exact science. It depends on the dog and how they tolerate and use the drug. I knew when we got to 100mg every 4 hours and it stopped working, it was time. I was very concerned about her leg breaking.

However, that said, you can add morphine to the mix for pain control as well as neurontin. There are lots of options and combinations.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest chadmom

I am so sorry Deb. Chad was getting 100mg Tramadol 3 times a day and Dermaxx 50mg once a day (I might be off on the dosage, but that was the drug combo.) OS is very painful so keep an eye out for any change in Lady's behavior. Within one week of Chad's DX we had to up his dosage as the pain had already outpaced the pain meds. Again, I am so sorry you are going through this, please know you are not alone.

Guest Vinnie

Very sorry to hear that you are going through this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hugs to your puppy.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest whatahound

I am so very sorry you are going through this. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy every minute you have with your baby.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I found a combination of drugs worked best for OS pain. Here's the dosing info I had for Alex. Alex weighed 74 lbs.

- 100 mg Neurotin x 1 day

- 75 mg Rimadyl x 2 day

- 50 mg Tramadol. Can increase up to 100 mg. 4 x day.

First increase the number of doses per day.

I am so sorry. :( I hope that the new meds bring her comfort. Sending prayers for "quality time" :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.