2nd Tail Amputation In 12 Days

12 days ago Rue went in to have her tail amputated I called the vet again on Monday because it just was not healing the way it should have been. DBF took her in today her appt was at 1pm by 1:45 the vet had her in surgery to remove the rest of her tail. They are keeping her until Friday. He was to take it all of the first time and he decided to only take 4 1/2". So here we are again having to put her through this all over again because he decided not to do it the first time. That issue is another rant that belongs in soapbox. :angryfire I feel so guilty for having to have her go thru this 2 times in less than 2 weeks.

Guest lizmego

We had this happen. I asked that the vet amputate, he thought he could save the tail by stictching it together. It didn't heal and the tail was dying, so Power went under again and got it amputated. Vet felt really bad and he didn't charge me for the tail amputation and even did a dental at half the cost while he had Power under. I love my vet.

Guest Tenderhearts

I went through this also with my angel Lori Ann. Sending lots of healing thoughts to Rue :hope :hope :hope :hope

PS. Lori Ann healed up amazingly well and fast after the second amputation :)

Guest KennelMom

We had this happen to a foster. After the first amputation, the skin at the suture point just started dying so she had to go in to have more removed. I don't know what the difference was between the first and second times, but the second time it healed just fine. I felt bad that she had to undergo surgery twice, but she took it like a trooper.

On our own pup that had a tail amputation, she only needed one surgery.

Guest lizmego

I should add that once Power's tail was partially removed during the 2nd procedure he recovered really well and is no worse for wear.

:grouphug Sending many healing prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.