Richard Is Gone

Remolacha

My big fluffy orange cat, my blue eyed blonde, king of the household. I can't believe he's gone. He has had CRF (chronic renal failure) for three and half years. Mostly they were good years, but the last few weeks he has been going downhill. His kidneys finally gave out completely.

He was about 14, don't know for sure as he showed up at my house one day, 11 yrs ago and said, I'm living here now. I said, no you don't, go home (he didn't look like a stray). He eventually won, as he always did. He was a talker (I learned later than most orange cats are very vocal) and followed me around. He always wanted to be in the room I was in. When I got my first dog, the other cats freaked and hid. Richard just said oh, a dog, ho hum.

I will miss him so much. Goodbye, Punkin

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

my sympathies to you on the loss of Richard. I too share my house with a cat.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm so sorry you lost Richard. He sounds a lot like my orange boy, Rufus.

He's probably getting them all straightend out at the bridge.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

My heart goes out to you. I lost my Siamese/Manx mix, Roscoe to CRF about 2 weeks ago at age

10 1/2. He was diagnosed about 3 years ago too.

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug I'm so sorry.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I am so sorry to hear this. Is this the same kitty I painted a watercolor portrait of several years ago?

Yes, that was Richard, coming out of the microwave :) I have it hanging in the living room, where I can be reminded of how he looked when he was healthy. Thank you!

Edited by jbuckwal

Guest how888

I am so very sorry. Godspeed Richard. May your good memories comfort you until we meet again. Just know he is "Somewhere Over The Rainbow," waiting to send you those signs.

I'm not a cat person, even tho I have 2, I do like the big boys that talh. My Russian Blue used to follow me around like that until I got too many not cat friendly fosters in.

Runfree & health Richard & keep everyone at the bridge in line. If you want a nice dog to play with look for my Lucky girl ( Sheltie/Spitz) she'd like to play with a kitty again.

"Richard coming out of the microwave"??!!! OK, we *must* have some pictures of Richard, please?

Big fluffy orange kitties rock! Rum and Butter, the kitties of my childhood were exactly that. Go after 'em up there, Richard and send your mom a sign.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota