Sophie Has Bone Cancer

Guest JohnnyBell

I am so sorry you are gaving to go thru this. I wish I had advice to give you but only have well wishes to offer

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Oh no... :( The worst news. :brokenheart Please immediately join the Circle of Grey group as they are incredibly knowlegeable and supportive with cancer issues. They helped me get through Derby's illness last year. Holding Sophie in my prayers for much more quality time with you. :hope

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest JohnnyBell

Thanx,I just joined just waiting for them to approve me.I wish I knew how long she has,it's been since March 31 that I saw her limping :cry1 .

Guest argolola

I am so sorry to read of your heartbreaking news. Please give her a hug for me. She will be in my prayers.

God bless.

Guest longdogs

This is really hard and is going to get harder. You need to talk with your vet because your options will depend on exactly where the cancer is, what type it is (osteosarcoma?) and how advanced. You need to have this discussion as soon as possible for obvious reasons. There are far too many of us on this forum who can try to give you some advice, once you know exactly what you are dealing with. Meanwhile I wish you the very best of luck.

Guest Lala

I'm so sorry to hear about Sophie. We're going through the same thing here with my girl, Lilah. There is lots of good information and support with Circle of Greys. There is lots of great support here, too. We opted not to amputate with Lilah as she has arthritis in her back and I just know my girl, she would be miserable with the surgery. We are doing pain meds, acupunture and some herbal concoctions mixed in her food. But you know your dog best. Take in all the information you can - there is a lot out there - then base your decisions on love.

Sending prayers for you and your girl. :grouphug

Guest whatahound

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and Sophie. I am so sorry you are having to face this, it's way too common. My heart is just breaking.

Hugs to you and Sophie. :grouphug

I am so sorry. Keeping you and Sophie close in prayers. We are all here for you, to many have gone through this. again, prayers for strength and guidance during this time.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest greymom1997

My own Hammer died of osteosarcom in August of 2005... two years prior he had developed a swelling/limp in his left rear foot.... the vet diagnosed it as Lyme disease although both my greys were at the time vaccinated... the swelling went away and life went on as usual... the two years later the swelling came back but this time the antibiotics didn't help. For 2 weeks we tried several different things and then I noticed that his inside upper thigh was getting larger and hard.... we then took and x-ray and it was cancer... the vet had originally done a complete exam and never felt the growth... it had grown that damn fast.... I chose to end it for him then... he was 14 years old and was obviously in so much pain...

I feel your pain and uncertainty about the future and the "what's next?" I never got that far with my Hammer... Whatever it is that you decide in order to treat this nasty cancer just try to stay focused on your love for Sophie... It was so easy to get caught up in the treatment, the meds, the results of bloodwork and consults with the vet... I tried to stay "in the moment" as much as possible and just love him....

If you need comfort or an ear I am always here!!!!

Guest mhall

I'm so sorry. Hopefully your vet will be discuss treatment options with you, and together you will be able to decide what will be the best path to take.

:grouphug for you and Sophie during this difficult time.

I suggest you email Ohio State's consult "line"

Consult: greyosu@osu.edu

and join the Circle of Grey group

Circle Of Grey

Sending many prayers.

I second this. Dr. Couto is wonderful and will work with you and your vet to help determine the best course of treatment.

I'm so sorry for your news - I was really hoping it was just a muscle pull :(

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire