Lilah's Limp Is Back

Guest Lala

Guest Lala

After 3 weeks of being limp and seemingly pain-free, Lilah began limping again today. :( A few times she was knuckling over. Does the pain really come on so fast? This evil, evil cancer. I'm very worried about her. Will call the vet first thing in the morning, but am so sad and worried for her now.

I've given her 3 50 mg tramadol thoughout the day and her usual dose of deramaxx 75 mg in am. I think I will give her another 50 mg of tramadol and maybe 25 mg more of deramaxx before bed. I don't want to overdo it on pain meds without talking to her vet, but I don't want her to be in pain all night.

:cry1

Edited by Lala

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wisdom here at all :( . Just keeping you and your sweetest girl close in my thoughts.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

It moved very fast for my Alex. For his osteo, we were told we could give him 100mg. of Tramadol 4 x day. That was in addition to his Rimadyl and Neurotin. Alex weighted 74 lbs.

Now that I am reading the additional posts; after John E had his eye surgery, the doctor said he could have extra tramadol, but only one deramax. I don't remember what is the reason, but someone on here should be able to give you the answer.

Again, I am so sorry for you and your beautiful girl.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry to hear that your girlie is in pain again. OS is such a nasty cancer. :( Houndtime is right. You can give more tramadol, but Deramaxx is one of those once-a-day meds, to be given in the a.m. with food. Sending lots of prayers and light... :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest TBSFlame
After 3 weeks of being limp and seemingly pain-free, Lilah began limping again today. :( A few times she was knuckling over. Does the pain really come on so fast? This evil, evil cancer. I'm very worried about her. Will call the vet first thing in the morning, but am so sad and worried for her now.

I've given her 3 50 mg tramadol thoughout the day and her usual dose of deramaxx 75 mg in am. I think I will give her another 50 mg of tramadol and maybe 25 mg more of deramaxx before bed. I don't want to overdo it on pain meds without talking to her vet, but I don't want her to be in pain all night.

:cry1

Yes it does. I am so sorry.

Guest Lala

Lilah does not seem any better today. The vet says I can give her 100 mg of tramadol, but other than that was not very helpful. I've stayed home from work to be with her. I have not even been able to get her to go out to pee. :( Please say a prayer for my beautiful baby girl. :weep

Give her a kiss from me and tell her she is beautiful. She already knows she is very much loved.

Gentle hugs for yourself, too.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Poor Lilah. It was great to see her so relaxed and happy on Saturday.

She is such a fluffy cutie pie :heart

:hope for pain relief.

I am so sorry. :(

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Guest MorganKonaAlex
Lilah does not seem any better today. The vet says I can give her 100 mg of tramadol, but other than that was not very helpful. I've stayed home from work to be with her. I have not even been able to get her to go out to pee. :( Please say a prayer for my beautiful baby girl. :weep

Ask about adding Neurotin. It was the combination of drugs that helped ease Alex's pain.

Guest RooRoo

I'm so sorry to hear this. It was a pleasure meeting you and Lilah on Saturday at GAS. She is so sweet - bless her heart :heart. Thinking of you...