Sounds Like Kennel Cough, Think It's Much Worse....

Guest Kristensmom

Guest argolola

I am crying as I read your post. I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious little pup.

Prayers for you and your family. Please give Kristen a hug for me.

I am so sorry. It is so hard! You did what was best and all you could do. I will say a prayer for you, your family and Kristen. My girls mourned the loss of Kona. Nala who was with her for 9 years straight took it the hardest. It took several weeks for her to perk up, but she did. In time the tears lessen and you smile more at the memories. I hope Buddy sends you a sign soon that he arrived safe and sound at the bridge. Pay attention, they do send signs!

The Girls

Guest cendrine
:f_pink:grouphug My sincere condolences to you and gentle scritches to Kristen. Of course, you did all you could for your good friend! Run free at the bridge, Buddy.

I'm so very sorry it was time for Buddy to go. :grouphug I know he was a beloved family member who will be greatly missed. Godspeed, precious boy... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh I am so sorry. And to know he was failing and leaving him at the hospital... so hard for us mommas to do, but you did the right thing. I too wish you had had another week with Buddy to just snuggle the days away and eat his favorite things.... will pray for your healing after this trauma.

Amy and Tim in Beverly, MA, with Chase and Always missing Kingsley (Drama King) and Ruby (KB's Bee Bopper).

Guest meandmygreys

How tragic !! I'm thankful he did'nt suffer long. My heart goes out to you and your Grey girlie... :f_red:gh_run:f_red

Run Free Buddy

God Speed

Guest Kristensmom

It's true what some of you said, although I would have loved to have more time with him to just spoil him and make his last days very happy, I don't think I could have bared to know that he was dying.

My biggest regret is to not have been able to just say Goodbye - we left him at the hospital thinking he would return to us. I suppose I was in denial. My last image of him is him walking into the back room with the vet on shaky weak legs, resisting as much as he could under the circumstances. I told him "Go ahead Buddy, it'll be OK" while I gave him a little nudge. How I wish I could have comforted him, maybe let him stay with us instead. I don't think I can ever be OK with how this all ended.

The vet said he seemed to be OK, just resting, a couple of hours before he died. I hope he was unaware that he was dying and I hope he didn't miss us too much. I feel like I let him down.

I'm crying so much right now I can't see what I'm writing.... Your messages and prayers are really appreciated. thank you all. I will keep looking for the signs from him, - haven't seen one yet.

Guest paulamariez

Oh my gosh! How shocking to lose poor Buddy so quick and unexpectedly! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Guest Pinky

You didn't let him down. Even the vet said he seemd OK and was resting, how were you to know if even the vet didn't? Many hugs going out to you and your family.

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)