Lucky 8/2001-5/11/2007

mom2zeus

Lucky came to us on Sept 12 2001 at about 5 weeks old. One of my coworkers came to work that morning, came in and got the deposit ready for the bank and left to go to the bank. Problem was when she went to her car it was MEOWING. She discovered there was a small kitten under her hood. It had to have gotten in there at her apartment, over 10 miles away and much of that on high speed highways. How the kitten didn't get hurt is anyones guess. One of the guys got the little thing out. We didn't want to take it to the shelter. It was too little to be away from mom and would have been put down. I called Tom and ask if we could take in ANOTHER cat. Being the sucker, I mean softie that he is he said sure. So I took the kitten to the vet for a checkup. Except for bing covered in engine grease she was healthy and VERY lucky. So we named her Lucky. She's been a healthy happy kitty ever since.

Yesterday she went in with several of our other kitties for checkups. Her temp and heart rate was fine. But then something happened. The vet feels it was a clot that went to her lung and then she had a heart attack. They couldn't save her. It was most likely a genetic defect that never showed up and would have happened anyway. At least this way the vet saw it and we know what happened as to coming home and finding her dead with no idea what happened. But we're still shocked that she's gone at just 5 and a half.

So Lucky sweetie, find Zeus and Annie and play nice. We love you and miss you.

luckysweety.jpg

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

What a horrible shock. I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

I am so sorry. She was a lucky girl to find her home with you. :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Baloos_Mom

WOW! I am so sorry!! She looks SOOO much like our foster cat, Tabitha who just had the kittens that all died. :(

Guest needlenoselover

Trish, I am so sorry for your loss. This has got to be so difficult for you after losing Zeus last month. My thoughts are with you and Tom.

I'm sorry.

Godspeed, beautiful girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I'm so sorry, Trish & Tom... it hasn't been a good spring for you, has it?

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge