Still Missing Emily

laurie

Sweet, beautiful girl, we still miss you so much.

680comp_miss_em.jpg

Emily died 5 years ago after running into our glass sliding door. She broke her neck.

Old timers on greytalk have seen me post probably a million times about slider doors; for

the newer people, what happened to Em can and does happen. If you have glass sliders,

please put window clings or tape on them so your hound knows they're there.

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry about your precious girl.

Please continue your crusade for "Emily's Cause." Because of her, I have always put something up on my sliding glass door. By telling her story, there is no telling how many lives you have saved. This would also apply to small children.

May God bless your hurting heart.

Guest whatahound

Thank you so much for the reminder. Emily will always have a special place in your heart. I still think about my basset hound everyday. Daisy was such a special friend and I smile when I think of her now. :grouphug

Guest Becki

We thought of Emily when we put in our new patio door, and requested one with "panes" between the inside glass and the outside glass. You are in my thoughts today

Guest FullMetalFrank

It is hard to believe it's been 5 years. I know that your posts about Emily have probably saved countless other greyhounds; she will not be forgotten.

Emily's accident was one of the first things I remember reading after I found GT. I will never, ever forget her story. Thank you for reminding us and for allowing her to help so many greyhounds :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest vahoundlover

I never got to know Emily, but have read her story....I am so sorry :grouphug Thank you for continuing to tell her story and helping to save lives.

:f_pink

I remember that day so well. :( We miss and love you Sweetheart. :grouphug:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest katies_dad
Sweet, beautiful girl, we still miss you so much.

Emily died 5 years ago after running into our glass sliding door. She broke her neck.

Old timers on greytalk have seen me post probably a million times about slider doors; for

the newer people, what happened to Em can and does happen. If you have glass sliders,

please put window clings or tape on them so your hound knows they're there.

I am so sorry to hear about Emily. Please rest assured that thanks to your post, she may save one more life. My wife and I recently moved into a new house that has a slider and never even thought about that. I just blocked off the room with it so Katie cannot get to it and we will fix it tonight. Thank you for helping to educate others.

Have not forgotten and never will.

I think, somewhere over the rainbow, she is very proud of you.

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I know you post this in Emily's memory, but I'm glad you do because it can and will happen to other dogs. It happened to my friend's dog also and he had been in his home for months. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I remember when she died, and always remember the lesson that her tragic death taught me and so many others. I'm so sorry for your loss. She did NOT die in vain.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest greymom1997

Wow, what a beautiful little girl she was! I'm fairly new to GT although I've had greys since'97. It's been 1yr and 10months since I lost my first two (just 11 days apart)... The hole never leaves your heart.