Why Hello

Guest riftara

Guest riftara

I am new (as you can see). I have an IG(2 yr). She is my BABY! and my daughter has a lab (7 mo) but since my daughter is only 5 months old, I take care of it :) I have been looking into getting an x-racer. I'm wondering though, how long should I wait - how old should my daughter be before we start looking? And will they get along ok with an IG? I have had two IGs and the were very much a "pack" will the greyhound act the same way with her as my other IG did? (I gave him to a family member b/c they loved him so much and I was pregnant on bed rest. We are planning on having another child in 4 years or so.

If my DH would let me, I would have about 10000000 hounds. I've always wanted to foster or run a sighthound rescue. I love them all. I got the lab b/c the IG (Mia) does NOT like my daughter messing with her. My daughter LOVES her lab already! She laughes when she licks her, and reaches out to pet her. Not that Mia ever snaps or even growls, just moves away. We live on 10 acres, no fencing. We will be moving in 3 years to 3 acres, one fenced.

Opinions?

Edited by riftara

Guest greytful4

Hi there and welcome to greytalk! :wave

Why don't you contact a local adoption group and get to know them and go to a few meet & greets . They will be happy to assist you and answer all of your questions particular to your situation. Plus they might be able to bring a few greys to your house and see how they all get along. Most greys , I think get along well with other non-greys....I have the exception though! She is a breed snob and only likes other greys!

Guest jessicaksu125

Welcome to the site, I'm sure your local adoption group will be glad to help and assess your situation.