Foster Kitties....

Guest Baloos_Mom

Guest Baloos_Mom

I lost the last of the litter tonight. For those that didn't read my other thread I had a mom cat that was sickly..vet suspected Herpes (but no official test was done..aside from negative aids and leukemia) 2 were stillborn and 3 lived for awhile. The last little guy lived for 3 weeks and a day almost exact to the time he was born and he just couldn't fight anymore. We were doing subq fluids and bottle feeding him but we couldn't save him. The first vet said they would have a 50.50 chance but I thought we could at least save 1! I took him to another vet yesterday and he said he was under weight for his age and slightly dehydrated...told us to start the subq and definitely keep up the formula supplements....I have never experienced anything like this before.....I have had better results bottle feeding on my own but these guys had their mom too. I don't know. I am just heart broken! I fought so hard for them and really thought he had a chance....I am sick that none of them made it. :weep:weep:weep

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry. God bless you for trying so hard and giving them love and nurturing.

My Zombie kitty will see to them at the bridge.

Guest herdmom

Dear Baloo's mom, :grouphug I know just how you feel. We foster mom cats and their kittens also and everyone once in a while we get some that no matter how hard you try they just fade and you lose them. Thank you for being strong enough to let them know they were loved while they gave life a chance.

Guest jettcricket

....Oh, I'm so sorry. Happened to me, too, years back. We thought for sure the last baby would make it. Hugs to you for trying so hard. :grouphug:f_red

Guest ellieb

Hugs to you, Christine. I am so sorry. I'll bet your girls were crushed, too. God bless you for all that you do. Just think of all the success stories...like my Indigo! Those little babies will be romping with butterflies at The Bridge!

Ellie

I am so sorry for your loss. God bless you for taking them in.

How is the Mama Kitty?

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

Guest Baloos_Mom

Thanks so much for all your kind words!! Mom is doing much better. She is thin and seems to be a picky eater but she is eating canned food and breathing well with no more eye issues. She was really depressed acting last night but today seems better.

Bless their little hearts and yours too. I'm so, so sorry. Take some measure of comfort in knowing that their too brief lives were enveloped in the warmth of your loving care.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug I'm so sorry. Thank you for caring for these little babies. Even though you couldn't save them, it sounds like you did everything you could.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

They knew love, and that was because of you--thank you for that. I think this said it all: "Thank you for being strong enough to let them know they were loved while they gave life a chance"

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I am so sorry. Chase those butterflies at the Bridge Sweet Babes...they are all together and waiting for you with love...You gave them so much of your heart and they know this. :grouphug:f_red:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm sorry, Christine.

Godspeed, littlest angels.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest LittleGreys

Aww, Christine, I am so sorry. :grouphug I know exactly how you feel. I lost my little foster kitty last Wednesday. He was a week old and I was so sure I could save him. I can't believe how much I miss the little guy. I am keeping my eye out for the next one who needs help, though. We usually have several a year that come into the vet clinic who need tube or bottle fed. My daughter likes to "help", so every day she runs to the car when I get home to check for a new baby.

Bless you for trying to help. Not too many people want to commit to that 'round the clock feeding. It takes a special heart with a lot of love.

Guest Snowy8

I am so sorry. You did everything you could for them & more....where they are now though, there's no sickness & nothing but happiness. Lots of things to chase but not catch, sleeping & napping until their heart is content.

:f_white:heart:heart:heart:f_white