Ordering Australian Meds Online

I've order Frontline Plus from Petshed before and just came across a post mentioning deadfleaz, which is even cheaper. Has anyone used either to purchase heartworm preventative? I know that a Rx is not required in Australia, but obviously is here so my question is will they just ship to the US or do they do the same thing as online sites here and require your vet's info. Or do they not ship these meds to the US at all.

Also, has anyone had any bad experiences with either company? My petshed experience was great, but I sort of forgot about them and started ordering from EntirelyPets since that's where I get Neyla's joint supplement. Now that I have a second dog, it's time to switch back!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest argolola

I have been using deadfleaz for almost a year now. We give 2 paws up.

The shipping is fairly fast too, especially coming from Australia.

Edited by argolola

No problems with Australia. I order 12 months of heartworm for 3 dogs and Frontline 6 months for 3 dogs.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

I use deadfleaz for Frontline. I just get Interceptor from my vet. It's more expensive but they need to pay their rent too you know.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

I order from Pets Mega Store in AU and I've never had a problem :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest sheila

I don't use Frontline unless I see fleas which has been exactly one time in the last 10 yrs, though I did just Frontline both dogs because we are vacationing to an area known for deer ticks soon. I get Interceptor from my vet. I pay a bit more but I know for sure I am getting a product that my vet will guarantee and stand behind (something that I wouldn't have with something I buy over the Internet) I also adore my vet and his fees are very reasonable on everything else and he has to make his money somewhere.

I use either pet shed or pets megastore and have been happy with both of them :) With neighbors with dogs and one w/ outside dogs, I can't forego flea stuff-- that and the blasted deer ticks abound, so I use frontline plus for both.

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Guest wolfieskitten

I recommend Advocate for fleas, ticks , heartworms, and other yuckies...only available in Australia apparently...not sure why that is unless it goes under another name in America

This is the company that I order from here called priceless pets...I am not certain if they ship overseas, I do know that one has to send an order in by mail which is probably prohibitive for ordering from the USA *sigh* which is a shame as they're a great company.

Here's what it says it does for cats:

"New!! "Advocate" ( from Bayer ) topical spot on control - Kills Fleas, Flea Larvae in your cats & Kittens enviorment and surroundings. Puts the squeeze on fleas, flea larvae, Prevents Heartworm Disease, Controls & kills Roundworms, Hookworms. Controls and kills Ear Mites."

Here's the comments from Pet Deli on use for dogs:

"A single monthly topical application kills fleas, prevents heartworm, hookworm, roundworm, whipworm and controls lice and Sarcoptes mange. Can be used on puppies from 7 weeks of age. Contains moxidectin & imidacloprid."

It's the best all around medicine they've come up with so far and as it's made by Bayer, I'm surprised it isn't sold in the USA...heck here it doesn't even need a prescription, but then again many things here don't...like codeine, but one can't get Benadryl except in liquid form for kids (cuz its too dangerous?) who knew lol.

Here's what it says it does for cats:

"New!! "Advocate" ( from Bayer ) topical spot on control - Kills Fleas, Flea Larvae in your cats & Kittens enviorment and surroundings. Puts the squeeze on fleas, flea larvae, Prevents Heartworm Disease, Controls & kills Roundworms, Hookworms. Controls and kills Ear Mites."

It doesn't say anything about ticks, which is really the only reason I use Frontline Plus. I'm also not a big fan of using anything new, especially on greyhounds, and would caution others from it as well until there's time to see if people report problems. That's just me though. I appreciate the suggestion. :)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest goofydog

I love deadfleaz. I get Frontline Plus and Heartguard from them. I can get a 6 month supply of each and with shipping it is still less that 6 months FL+ at the vet. Ship times are also good.

I have ordered from Petshed for about four years now. I order the generic heartgaurd and Advantage. They are quick and affordable. My order recently got held up by the US Postal service, no fault of Petshed and they immediately sent me another shipment.

Guest longdogs
I recommend Advocate for fleas, ticks , heartworms, and other yuckies...only available in Australia apparently...not sure why that is unless it goes under another name in America

Advocate works well on cats and is less sticky than Revolution.

I'm not personally implying any concerns by noting that the active ingredient is the same as in the ProHeart injections that were withdrawn from the US market. I know some GTers would be concerned about that. I've used it on my greys once only with no problems, but then they also used to get ProHeart injections when they were first adopted, as recommended by the adoption group. They now get a different heartworm medication but not because of problems with ProHeart. I just thought people would like to know.

Guest lat41065

I buy both HG + and FL + for 10 greys and have ordered from all over. all of the comanies mentioned I have used and had no problems with orders nor products

Guest minzenon

While your ordering from Australia you could also order stuff like - Recharge(great for dehydration and for electrolytes in hot weather) We also have great stuff for growing pup (vitamin supplements) and heaps of stuff for muscle cramping performance and general maintainence of greys.

I haven't checked these places for a couple of years. The last I knew Australia could not ship chewable Heartguard to the US. Has something changed?

Absolutely Pets has good prices on Heartguard. You do need a prescription though.

Entirely Pets as well.

Edited by Diane4114

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest McGreyt

I just ordered a 6-month supply of Frontline Plus 45-88 lb from deadfleaz.com for $38.20 plus $6.50 shipping. Thanks for the tip, guys! Hope I read everything correctly because it sounds like an incredible deal. Several years ago I ordered Heartgard chewables from an AU vet, and was very pleased. My understanding is that they can no longer ship that product to the US. Now I just buy HG from my vet because it's too much trouble to get a prescription, then order from an online supplier. I figure the extra I pay helps support the vet practice, and I'm okay with that.

Edited by McGreyt

There was a big flap a few years ago about the Heartgard Plus chewables, but it looks like they are shipping it again. I don't buy Heartgard Plus, or even the AU version, just straight Ivermectin pills and then worm occasionally with a broad spectrum wormer as was suggested to me by a very grey savvy vet.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest wolfieskitten

Just an update, Advocate has been used here for quite some time, none of the problems reported with Revolution and most of the greyhound adoption programs highly recommend it for their dogs. I can't say enough good things about this stuff....I mean, dead fleas on contact? They do not even have to bite the dog, just come in contact with them...how cool is that? PLUS it kills ticks, too which for us is a major bonus as we have paralysis ticks that will down person or animal within a few hours. Why use two products when one will do the job?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest McGreyt
I just ordered a 6-month supply of Frontline Plus 45-88 lb from deadfleaz.com for $38.20 plus $6.50 shipping. Thanks for the tip, guys! Hope I read everything correctly because it sounds like an incredible deal. Several years ago I ordered Heartgard chewables from an AU vet, and was very pleased. My understanding is that they can no longer ship that product to the US. Now I just buy HG from my vet because it's too much trouble to get a prescription, then order from an online supplier. I figure the extra I pay helps support the vet practice, and I'm okay with that.

My Frontline Plus arrived in the mail today. Nine days start to finish. Expiration date on sealed package: 08-2009. I'm happy.

• 1 month later...
Guest ellieb

I just ordered from DeadFleaz.

Six pack of Heartguard Plus Chewables (51-100 lbs): $31.20 each.

Six pack of Frontline Plus (45-88 lbs): $40.10 each.

I ordered enough to get both hounds through until May 2008. With shipping, the total was $175.40. Thanks for the tip, GTers!

Just as a comparison...my vet was $97.20 for a six pack of Heartguard Plus Chewables (51-100 lbs)...three times as much!

Edited by ellieb