Hello

beledi

I just adopted a seven month old, brindle, greyhound puppy. Puppy was one of four relinquished as he did not get DNA tested and tatooed in the time limit for the greyhound racing association. The pups had lower prey drives than the other pups in the litter, so they were turned to the agency rather than to be fined for all the litter. Bonus for me, I get a puppy who has never been on a track, and a low prey drive so I do not have as many issues to deal with. Have always wanted a greyhound puppy but never thought it would happen. He has been in my home since Wed. night. I named him Sammy. He resides with three cats. a double yellowhead parrot, a twelve year old rottie, a five year old border collie/aussie, and a year old schipperke and a fish tank and my husband and I. He and the schipperke are best buds already. All is also fine with the other pets although I keep a close eye on everyone. My poor border does not understand how Sammy runs so quickly. My rottie has three legs, and cancer (She is in remission, for now.) she she does not move quite as quickly as Molly, the border can. I am so in love with Sam. Sam was adopted to another home two days before but the dog at the other home did not like him, so he was returned.

I got the book "Retired Racing Greyounds for Dummies" so far. But plan on getting the book "Care and Racing of the Greyhound".

Sam's foster mom raises show greyhounds and brittany spaniels. She has a huge kennel in the country and is not a backyard breeder. She said she would help me show Sam if I would like and maybe we might even try lure coursing as she is heavy into that.

I am also a dog trainer and work at Banfield Pet Hospital.

Beledi

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

:welcome

A puppy! Awwww!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest KateWantsaGrey

it's too bad no one explained the rules to you :rules You're not allowed to talk about puppies here without posting PICTURES!!!! :):wub::wub:

Guest Cossiedog

Big big welcome from another puppy owner!

As far as I can see greyhound puppies are fabulous! (Need lots of exercise though ;) )

Pictures of Sammy and the pack please!!!

Edited by Cossiedog

Guest trevdog

Hi from FL from a older puppy owner! They are a joy to have! I would recommend a basic obedience class even though he is older, it can help with bonding. My Dallas is going on 15 months now and she loves her agility classes, you might give that a try as well.

And yes, we have to see pictures, it is a must for puppies!

Hi from FL from a older puppy owner! They are a joy to have! I would recommend a basic obedience class even though he is older, it can help with bonding. My Dallas is going on 15 months now and she loves her agility classes, you might give that a try as well.

And yes, we have to see pictures, it is a must for puppies!

I am a dog trainer and he will be coming to work with me after he gets neutered. I am probably going to do some lure coursing. His foster mom, who raises show greyhounds, is going to help me get statred.

Sam gets neutered on May 9th.

Beledi :P

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

• 2 months later...
Guest simile

Welcome from another with puppies (9 months, now). What a blast they are! All I can say is, thank goodness it's summer! :lol:

Guest DoofBert

Well, Gh puppies are a special breed. Tania is now 9 months... we've had her since she was 10 weeks. So, we'll be happy to compare notes with you

Welcome!